Not applicable

I miss the How Smooth modern waist bootcut jean!

Please restock all the sizes and colors. I really fell in love with this jean. All you keep making are straight legged cuts. They are not flattering. Please bring them back ??
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I miss the How Smooth modern waist bootcut jean!

I swear I just saw them this week. Maybe Tuesday morn w/ Carolyn Gracie.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I swear I just saw them this week. Maybe Tuesday morn w/ Carolyn Gracie?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm copying my post from the other thread about the How Smooth jeans because I wish I could shout it to the rooftops how disappointed I am in Denim & Co and QVC for what they did with these. They almost all sold out, reviews were fantastic, and people kept begging them to bring them back... but of course, they never listen. They had a winner - and ignored all of us! I hope somebody at QVC reads this! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Many, many of us begged them to bring these back - they are the "original" How Smooth jeans in the bootcut... and they promised they would - NOT. I have four pair, and if I had known they wouldn't be back in their original form, I would have gotten the other two colors and multiples. But they did bring out the so-called "improved" version in what they call a straight leg, which is actually tapered. In doing so, they changed the sizing, the way they fit and look, and in my personal opinion, ruined a real winner! I've said it so many times here that I'm sure some people have gotten tired of it.

They weren't at all the same jean. Yes, the waist design is the same, but I had to go from a 10 regular to a 12 tall to get the waist and rise to fit the way the first ones did, then I had to take up the hip/thigh area slightly because the whole thing was redesigned, and had to hem them--but all my other clothes still fit the same, so it's not my body.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the rant, but I've given up on it, because even if they do ever bring back the boot cut, from sad experience, it won't fit the same. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

ETA: I'm so upset about this because those jeans were the first ones in my entire life that fit me perfectly from top to bottom, and I didn't have to do one single alteration!

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried going online at QVC.. instead of waiting for them to be presented?

Respected Contributor

You might also try the Lee Jeans Natural Fit Pull-On Barely Bootcut Jeans, offered at Amazon for $29.90 to $34.90. They are currently offered with free shipping and free returns. The reviews on them look pretty good.

Another consideration is that the How Smooth were originally offered in spring colors only, and it is possible they might be restocked for the upcoming spring apparel rollout. If you are on Facebook, you could ask Carolyn Gracie about the potential for How Smooth bootcut returning. She works closely with the Denim & Co. brand.

Contributor

I love the straight leg jeans! I'm 5'4" and have never really liked boot cut jeans. Everyone says that you look leaner in them, but I don't. They definately make my lower half appear larger than it is. I wish D&C would make the back pockets smaller!!! They are huge and I think this makes your rear end look larger! D&C, please make the back pockets smaller!!! Love the straight leg!!

Regular Contributor

I like them also but in tall.

Respected Contributor

YES! This is the pant that fit me like they were made for me. I later ordered two other colors and... no luck. Had to return them. WHY do they do this? VERY frustrating!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Not applicable

Bootcut jeans are really fashionable back way then. In todays time there are still bootcut jeans online as well as people who loves to wear them. I also want try try one someday but of course depends on the occasion and if you have confidence to wear it. lol