Super Contributor
I got zapped because I thought Carolyn spoke before she thought when saying something about the homeless. Sometimes the need to always be talking is ridiculous.
Honored Contributor

In general I think all the hosts talk too much about irrelevant things. Let the vendor speak or there is nothing wrong with a few seconds of silence. I like Carolyn but don't watch any of the hosts for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Much prefer checking out items on the website and if I see anything of interest, I'll watch the video. QVC is a shopping channel, not an entertainment channel for me.

Super Contributor

I heard the comment. She was not suggesting that a homeless person buy the vest. She just said her Mom who lives in North Carolina, was experiencing unseasonably cold weather. An as an example she said the homeless in that area are not use to such cold weather and they had opened up shelters for them because it was so cold. Then she got back to the topic of the vest and suggested that in some parts of the US this might be all you need for colder nights and that if you live where it is really cold it might be a piece that you layered under an outer wear coat.

Super Contributor

I heard nothing insensitive about what Carolyn said.

Honored Contributor
On 1/13/2015 judgejudith said:

I heard the comment. She was not suggesting that a homeless person buy the vest. She just said her Mom who lives in North Carolina, was experiencing unseasonably cold weather. An as an example she said the homeless in that area are not use to such cold weather and they had opened up shelters for them because it was so cold. Then she got back to the topic of the vest and suggested that in some parts of the US this might be all you need for colder nights and that if you live where it is really cold it might be a piece that you layered under an outer wear coat.

It does make a difference when you hear the whole story! Thanks for posting it!!!!

Super Contributor
And I heard what I heard. So that just goes to show that WHATEVER is said is left up to individual interpretation. How the homeless in No. Carolina have anything to do with her selling a vest is beyond me. Poor choice of words.
Honored Contributor
I don't know what to say about it. Are the homeless a taboo subject now?
Honored Contributor
On 1/13/2015 Grace K said: And I heard what I heard. So that just goes to show that WHATEVER is said is left up to individual interpretation. How the homeless in No. Carolina have anything to do with her selling a vest is beyond me. Poor choice of words.

Clearly - YOU did not hear what was actually said but what YOU wanted to hear. Then come here top post incorrect information. tsk tsk.

Honored Contributor
It didn't sound insensitive about the homeless.
Respected Contributor

I do enjoy Carolyn. Her presentations are usually the most complete on the Q. She has a very pleasant, genuine personality and her voice is easy to listen to. I did find that she talked over Gary a bit more than usual this morning. Made the show a bit more frantic than normal. I think she was just expressing her excitement and enthusiasm over the products she was presenting. She is obviously looking forward to Spring. I still enjoy her more than a lot of other hosts on the Q.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama