Valued Contributor

selling well today? Carolyn is really pushing them with the D&C fashions today. Just an observations and maybe wrong.

Super Contributor

She said earlier that 21,000 were sold before 10 am ... is that selling well?

Honored Contributor

Rykas are more of a January/get healthy product. I am surprised to see them today.

I imagine people are finishing up work, preparing for the holidays with last minute stuff. I doubt there is much tv viewing going on.

Maybe this evening sales will pick up as people finally sit down in front of the tube ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I think Carolyn appreciated that Ryka colors matched many Denim & Co colors.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jayne and Pat were playing that game with a striped top this morning, too.

Pat said something about how she knows many of the viewers tell her she shouldn't wear horizontal stripes...and then Jayne just told it like it was and said that in 2015 we're going to support each other and not tear each other down. We don't have time for that.

Should be interesting on Facebook ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

if they have sold over 21000 before 10am....I would say that was a goodly amount....I think they are cute...but probably not buying....

Honored Contributor

I just bought the pink/fucshia ones a few months ago that are similar to these.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I am tempted to buy them, but have never had a Ryka and don't know the fit, plus the amount of mesh on them is also bothering me. I have some really nice Asics, but they are heavy, especially in the warmer months, so I only wear them when I am very active.

That being said, ff today is supposed to be a day for "us" because we are supposedly done buying for others, a pair of athetic shoes is not exactly pampering. It just looks like the beginning of the January fitness schtick where we are force fed Nutrisystem, pilates, active wear and any other excercise equipment and nutritional supplements QVC has in its inventory.

Regular Contributor
On 12/23/2014 cotto22 said:

I am tempted to buy them, but have never had a Ryka and don't know the fit, plus the amount of mesh on them is also bothering me. I have some really nice Asics, but they are heavy, especially in the warmer months, so I only wear them when I am very active.

That being said, ff today is supposed to be a day for "us" because we are supposedly done buying for others, a pair of athetic shoes is not exactly pampering. It just looks like the beginning of the January fitness schtick where we are force fed Nutrisystem, pilates, active wear and any other excercise equipment and nutritional supplements QVC has in its inventory.

ITA agree. I think these Rykas are a jumpstart to the boring Jan shows full of exercise, new year, new you, Nutrisystem - yuck. I will not be watching. I have a pair of Rykas & they are lightweight, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Honored Contributor

Pushing the Rykas? Good grief, they have been pushing the TSVs for months, having shows with only one other show in between, ten to twelve times a day. At Lisa's last PM Style, she had to show the TSV which, I believe, was an electronic device.

I couldn't watch QVC at all, because every time I sneaked a peak, it was a presentation of the TSV. I guess that's the only thing they make money on these days.

I see some regular programming is back today, so maybe this is over until next July.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986