Contributor

Light Olive, Desert Sand, Khaki Question

I'm looking for what I would call normal khaki colored pants.

Looking at the the Desert Sand video that looks to be a good khaki but picture looks yellow.

Light Olive to me looks like a dark khaki not green like it sounds.

Khaki looks good but a bit lighter than "normal"

Anyone have any feedback on these colors? Thanks so much.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Light Olive, Desert Sand, Khaki Question

Between my best friend and me, we have all these colors, so I will try to explain what they really look like. Desert Sand is a lovely color, but definitely has a yellowish cast to it. Light Olive is a green with a distinct grayish cast. I would say Khaki looks lighter on the website than it really is. To my eye, it is the closest to a true Khaki of any of the colors. Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

In my experience with QVC 2 pocket pants the color they call khaki I would call stone, and the color they call desert sand I would call a true khaki tan. The olive is a greyish olive green.

Contributor

Thanks fromthebronx & happy housewife.

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 fromthebronx said:

Between my best friend and me, we have all these colors, so I will try to explain what they really look like. Desert Sand is a lovely color, but definitely has a yellowish cast to it. Light Olive is a green with a distinct grayish cast. I would say Khaki looks lighter on the website than it really is. To my eye, it is the closest to a true Khaki of any of the colors. Hope this helps!

I agree that Desert Sand is much too yellow to be a true Khaki. I also think Light Olive is very grayed and sort of washed out looking. I sent back the olive, kept the Desert Sand, but yes it reads very yellow. I really don't consider it neutral.

Honored Contributor

IMO, QVC doesn't have a "true" khaki in these pants, and I have requested it many times!

Last year, I bought a taupe color (which is the closest thing to khaki, and not taupe at all) and they no longer sell it, why I don't know!

Their khaki color is very light and not for winter months, IMO!

Thanks for the info on the olive and the desert sand!

Honored Contributor

Khaki is on the lighter side of khakis, but it is a great color. It's my favorite, of the colors I have.
Honored Contributor

I bought a top in Desert Sand. It's definitely yellower and warmer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the new Desert Sand and Gray but returned both of them b/c of the color. The Desert Sand was much more of a deep gold. My TV showed it as a light sand color. The Gray went back b/c of the color: it showed a lt. gray whereas it is a quite dark gray. I have the kaki, and it looks just as on my TV, a light bone color. The ones I returned were very drab to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I suppose this depends on what your eyes consider to be true khaki. Khaki as in military khakis should have a warm yellowish undertone. Colors called khaki which lean toward being a deepened ivory should be called tan or sand. There is another name sometimes used by manufacturers for the greenish-gray hue (I can't think of it at the moment), but QVC's name of light olive fits.