New Contributor

Are there any plans to bring back more of the "How Smooth" jeans? I really would love to try them. I am new to D&C but the purchases I have made I love! I have been looking for his style of jean and I found them for a reasonable price ....and they're gone....so sad!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm one of hundreds of people who loved the original How Smooth boot cut jeans, and asked for them in more colors. However, when they "brought them back", they didn't bring back the original ones that so many wanted, they changed the style to "straight leg" (which is really tapered if you look at the measurements), changed the sizing (I had to go up a size), and in many people's opinions, ruined them. I know a lot of people like the so-called "straight leg", and it might have been okay if the sizing hadn't changed. But the original boot cut fit me perfectly in a size 10, and I had to order a size 12 tall to get the correct sizing in the straight leg (and my body has not changed)...then I had to hem them.

They said several times they were bringing back the boot cut, but in a year and a half, all they did was change the jeans and not for the better, in my opinion, and offer capris as well. I don't think they will ever bring back the boot cut, which is a real shame, because they had a "WINNER"...and didn't have sense enough to keep what was really good. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Sorry for the rant, but those were the first jeans in my whole life that fit me so perfectly and even got rid of my muffin top!

Super Contributor
ITA. The fabric was worse. The waistband didn't stretch the same. I was so disappointed, too.
Esteemed Contributor

I just checked and A239619 Straight Leg How Smooth in regular are still available in some colors and sizes. If you do a search for Denim & Co How Smooth Jeans, it will bring up the talls, etc. and you can see what is available. A229866 the original boot cut is still available in regular in a dark red - it's a pretty color for fall.

New Contributor

I'm going to give them a bit more time and see if the boot cut comes back. If not, I have found some Jag Jeans that I will try...same style but higher price.

Esteemed Contributor

I have them now in all colors in the boot cut. and a few in the straight leg which I love also. I will have to check them out in the Fall red. I wonder if it is a true red or burgundy?