Honored Contributor

What to wear with dark olive color?

I want to order the dark olive boot cut leggings but I need ideas on what color shirt would go with it. I don't want to be head to toe dark olive. I'm a deep autumn, with dark hair and medium warm skin. I just can't think of what color top to get to go with this color pants.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: What to wear with dark olive color?

Soft beiges, ivory, tan, black, soft brown (not chocolate).

Super Contributor

I vote for a navy blue???

Super Contributor

Oh, I can see a great darker blue (navy, cobalt...), a gorgeous wine shade, pumpkin, gold, almost any brown shades - it's almost a neutral these days.

I say go for it!!!

Valued Contributor

I love crimson, burgundy, wine, even red with olive. I don't like wearing neutrals with it, too washed out for me.

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 mtnbikegirl said:

I love crimson, burgundy, wine, even red with olive. I don't like wearing neutrals with it, too washed out for me.

I am thinking the red tones too. Throw burnt orange in there too.
Super Contributor

Olive green can be a neutral. On the color scale, it would go with the opposite color in the red family such as reds,pinks, violets, and oranges like rust, or peach. On the color scale it also goes with colors next to it (green) such as blue green, teal, blue,navy etc. On the other side of green is yellow, as in mustard, gold,etc. Colors go with what opposite them on the scale (very dramatic look), or what is next them on the color scale. Then the hues you can pick can be bright ranging to more subdued as on rust.
Honored Contributor

Eggplant/Plum, golden yellow. Or a camouflage print.

What are you wearing for shoes?

Honored Contributor

I love all of these ideas. I never would have thought of blue with olive green, I'll have to try that color with it when I receive the pants. The burgundy wine sounds really nice too, I wear that color a lot already. Soft browns and pumpkin also sounds great. Thanks for the inspiration, I can't wait until I get my pants.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The deep gold that is popular, navy, red, black, deep purple, cream, denim, lots of things!