New Contributor

Color--difference between indigo.

I have purchased Jean jacket A238367 in Dark Indigo. I would like some jeans A53351. It just says indigo for these. Are they the same shade or different?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Color--difference between indigo.

It looks like they might match, but they are a slightly different fabric content, so the color might take a little differently. They look very close, though I could be wrong because I don't own them. I just wanted to say that I've purchased the Antique Denim in different things like a vest, jeans, or jean jacket and they're not always the same shade. I tried the latest How Smooth jeans and capris in Dark Indigo, and they were so dark that I could hardly tell them from the black ones, so they didn't come close to matching a Dark Indigo denim vest I already have. I sent them back for that reason - I would have had to put a note on them so when I went to get them out, I would have known which was black and which was Dark Indigo. All the pieces I've mentioned are Denim & Co...so you may just have to order both and see if they match well enough.

Respected Contributor

It will be very close, you should be good to go with that set.

Honored Contributor

According to the fashion mavens here, denim jeans and any top or jacket you wear with them should NOT match.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've been wondering about pairing denim with denim myself - apparently the rule of thumb is if you're going to do it, use a different wash in the jacket than in the jeans. Here's a website or blog I just found with some really cute ideas on how to wear a jean jacket ... pictures and suggestions, and different strokes for different folks. But I found a few really cute ideas I can use myself!

http://www.gurl.com/2014/04/12/20-style-tips-on-how-to-wear-a-denim-jean-jacket/

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't think it matters. For me, most denim goes with most other denim!