I've just received the D&C suede jacket I ordered recently and it fits perfectly and I love, love, love it, except for the smell of the suede! It is washable, so I washed it and still the smell remains. Any ideas on how to get rid of that smell? I REALLY don't want to send it back because I just love it!!!!!

Honored Contributor

You want that smell ! That's how U know it's genuine. LOL Whether leather or suede whether in a bag, shoes, or pricey jackets, coats. I smell it first if it 'stinks' LOL then I know I'm not getting faux goods. Suede, is the under belly of the animal, leather is the hide. I've got 2 jackets of Basso's that are gorgeous ! Suede, of course. LOL

Respected Contributor

Love my leather, but do not want the aroma to be overpowering. Let it air out. Of course sometimes garments arrive with an odor that is not natural. My worst case was a long leather coat that smelled like kerosene. Had to return it. My nice orange jacket I got from E-bay had a cigarette odor that disappeared after a lengthy airing out on my lanai. Good luck with your jacket.

Valued Contributor

If you dont mind my asking, what is the number on your new jacket? I have been looking for one for awhile. Thanks

Honored Contributor
You may be smelling the insecticide with which they spray containers of imported good. Those items on the outside edge seem to get a snoot full of the odor.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment