Regular Contributor

Sports Saavy vs new D&C Active Wear

I keep hearing them say that they've folded the old Sports Saavy line within D&C as 'Active Wear'. I've yet to see any sets or pieces I could make into a set that was enticing to me. What am I missing here. I loved the sets I could get from Sports Saavy and would really like to see something similar. At least present stuff that I could make into a decent set, but it's all just tops or just bottoms, never both. What am I missing here?

Honored Contributor

Re: Sports Saavy vs new D&C Active Wear

I too miss the sport savvy sets. I had tons of their t shirts that came 4 in a set in a plastic tote bag. i still have the bags and use them for going to the beach.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a jacket from Sports Savvy that I LOVE, and if I had known they would go away, I would have gotten it in several colors. Mine is purple, it has a sort of wide collar, large snaps on the front, grommets and a tie at the waist (the tie goes all the way around inside a casing), front pockets, and the cuffs are turn-up white and purple striped. Inside the upper back, it's lined with the same purple and white stripe. It has white top-stitching, and is a heavy knit. Just wondering if anyone remembers this jacket.. it's perfect for our Fall and sometimes winter weather and looks like new. I wish had a couple more. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

While they say they are the same, they aren't. I have a number if sports savvy pieces that are in good shape. I also recently purchased a few more new with tags on at e bay. My favorite of all time was the pant, crop and short set. I still wear the crop and shorts.

Respected Contributor

When they sell sets, people complain that they don't wear the same size on the top and bottom and can't wear them. Or that they don't want multiple tees (or whatever), that they would rather have the option to buy exactly what they want (colorwise, etc.). So, they sell separates, but then people complain that there are no sets. Darned if they do, darned if they don't. There are several types of French terry pants/crops/shorts/skorts available which coordinate with the active line tops. You're supposed to combine things the way you like and make your own "sets."

Valued Contributor

Denim & Company Active does not even come close the the quality of Sport Savvy. Sets or separates. SS had much heavier fabrics and were just better made overall. I bought a whole bunch as limited quantities as they were phasing out. Unfortunately, I am about 2 sizes smaller now. So, I now have enormous nice quality, well made clothes... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The recent D&C TSV pants were a pretty close substitute but the fabric is still much thinner.

Honored Contributor

There is this set-

A256058

Denim & Co. Active French Terry Jacket and Knit Striped Top Set

Denim & Co. Active Reversible Jacket & Slim Leg Capri Pants

A251640

Honored Contributor

You can mix and match-

A240785

Denim & Co. Active Striped French Terry Jacket

A252690

Denim & Co. Active Top French Terry Pullover with Cut-out V-inset

A254901

Denim & Co. Active Regular French Terry Pull-on Pants

Regular Contributor

There are possibilities, I agree, to mix and match, but I've ordered a few pieces and the quality is not the same. That's my point.

Respected Contributor

I would be the first one to place a order if Sports Savvy were to come back to QVC. There was nothing I didn't like about that line of clothing. Had I know they were going to be taken off I would have ordered more slacks and tops.