Valued Contributor

Zipping up Lamb Leather MOTO jacket TSV??

I received the green MOTO leather jacket today - I had ordered it before Fashion Day. It fits around the chest but - since I'm very short waisted - my hips are too high and it is too tight to zip up. I was going to return it but after doing some googling - I guess this is a hot topic. Should a MOTO jacket be zipped up or not? Was wondering what this group thinks about that..

Super Contributor

Re: Zipping up Lamb Leather MOTO jacket TSV??

I
Esteemed Contributor

I think a jacket should be able to worn open and closed. What is the point of buying a jacket if you can not zip it up?

Super Contributor

I think a motorcycle leather jacket should be fitted and zipped.

Honored Contributor

I own several moto style leather jackets. 1 jacket is a classic from the iconic North Beach Leather retailer in San Francisco, purchased 15 years ago, and it still looks amazing! You should be able to zip it and have it feel comfortable. Otherwise, it is most likely too small, and tight across your back. Best to return it for the right size so you can wear it open and zipped for many many years!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I prefer mine zipped up. Love zippers on them. I wear my jacket indoors and outdoors. My jacket is lamb too (not QVC) but lamb is not good for outerwear. It doesn't insulate like cow leather does. So it's more of a milder winter for outdoors and mostly indoor.

Mine is short and sit just below the waist. The way a true Moto jacket sits. QVC version is too long. Mine is also white.

Super Contributor

On 8/8/2014 songbird said:

I prefer mine zipped up. Love zippers on them. I wear mine indoors and outdoors. Mine is lamb too (not QVC) but lamb is not good for outerwear. It doesn't insulate like cow leather does. So it's more of a milder winter for outdoors and mostly indoor.

Mine are short and sit just below the waist. The way a true Moto jacket sits. QVC version is too long.

Agreed! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 8/8/2014 champagnepoodle said:

I prefer mine zipped up. Love zippers on them. I wear mine indoors and outdoors. Mine is lamb too (not QVC) but lamb is not good for outerwear. It doesn't insulate like cow leather does. So it's more of a milder winter for outdoors and mostly indoor.

Mine are short and sit just below the waist. The way a true Moto jacket sits. QVC version is too long.

Agreed! Smiley Happy

This is mine. I got it at Barney's last year. Love white biker jackets

Honored Contributor

Agreed! Smiley Happy

songbird-that's a sweet jacket! Love Barney's. I have 3 moto jackets-Nordstrom Savvy in black & indigo, and North Beach Leather cherry red...vroooom!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Agreed! Smiley Happy

Ewww Weee, Songbird! Awesome. That is how a moto jacket should look.