Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy Carolyn & Gary on Denim & Co!

I've been watching and/or listening to Carolyn and Gary on the Denim & Co show this morning, and I'm definitely enjoying them! As much as I like Carolyn--she's one of my very favorite hosts--, I know it's hard to think of enough to talk about and keep it interesting for one hour, let alone two. But the back and forth between the two of them this morning has been unusually pleasant and fun--it makes for a much more interesting and fun show. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: I enjoy Carolyn & Gary on Denim & Co!

I agree. Nice show

Regular Contributor

I am enjoying the chemistry between Carolyn and Gary. They believe in the product they promote, so sincere. I might even make a purchase today! The line is improving and now fits my casual lifestyle. I used to be a hard-core Talbots customer, still like the look and make purchases there but no longer consider the retailer exclusive to my wants and needs.
Regular Contributor

I don't normally watch any show. I normally just look online and watch a video if I'm interested in something. Today I happen to be watching, and I must say I do like Carolyn and she even made me laugh when she hit Gary with her card, saying "when something tastes good I hit David so now I'm gonna hit you". Silly. She made him laugh too.

I think she looks good today in what she's wearing, which goes to show that "How Comfy" bootleg pants really are very flattering, particularly in a dark color, on a full figure. I think the TSV set looks good on her with those pants too. I like the jacket unzipped like that. That said, she just zipped it and she still looks great.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching, too.....I like the back and forth they share with the clothing...its been a fun show glad I remembered to tune in....

SoftRaindrops....those comments were totally unnecessary....why couldn't you just pass this thread up.....shame on you.....

Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel sorry for Carolyn at all. I think she is very appropriately dressed, and I see nothing too tight on her today...she looks great! In fact, in the close up they just showed, she has plenty of room in both her jacket and her pants.

As for Gary, would you like him better if he looked more like Marc Bouwer, Dennis Basso, Isaac Mizrahi, etc.? Or would Bradley Bayou or Bruce Makowski be more your type? What do you think a designer should look like? Looks have nothing to do with your skill as a designer - Denim & Co is a casual line of clothing, it's not meant to be "high end" anything.

If you knew in advance that you don't like the way Carolyn or Gary look, why did you subject yourself to that "image"?

Regular Contributor

Under the veil of anonymity, rudeness and small minded-ness rears its ugly head. We are still far from being a totally civilized society. I think most of us that post here are decent folk, but for some unknown reason, a few wretches want to be part of the conversation.
Esteemed Contributor

I think some of us must be watching two different shows this morning - maybe I'm in an alternate universe, but I don't see a thing too tight on Carolyn. Once in a great while, I see her in something that might be a tad tight, but definitely not today.

Does anyone else have an opinion about that--yay or nay? Just curious...?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Regular Contributor

I totally agree, today she looks great. Sometimes, she doesn't look so good in the light colored pants she wears...they do appear to be too tight, but I don't know that the next size would look much better. Today, in the flattering "How Comfy", dark colored boot cut pants, and the TSV (which is flattering), she looks great. Zippered, or unzippered. IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I too am watching and liking the show today. I like both of them and my very first thought was that Carolyn looked like she had lost weight. The pants look great on her. They are a few of the only ones I will watch. I love Gary. Seems very genuine and is good at his job.