Not applicable

I am tried of the t-shirt style of clothing. Everything is pull over. Can't we get more of the casual button up (not snaps) shirts with spandex that can be worn casually or at work?

Esteemed Contributor

Before someone rushes in to point out that there are lots of options for this style here at the Q, or if you don't like it here, go shop elsewhere, let me just agree with you! The fact that you can't easily find here what you're looking for--suitable workwear--is valid from your point of view. The reason you don't find more here is all about the ease of fitting tees to sizes 0-24 vs a button down that's bound to gap, have size issues with arm length and sleeve fit, etc. That said, you don't ask, you don't get!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Regular Contributor

Denim & Co. used to have quite a few button down shirts that are cute enough to wear to the office with my dress pants. I have one on right now. It's a button down shirt and the short sleeves have ties on the bottom. These shirts are years old though. I would certainly agree with you, I don't see these types of shirts anymore and would like to see more of these come back.

Contributor

I've never had a Denim & Co. button up shirt that I didn't like. They fit me well, are usually cotton, and are easy to take care of. Yes, I wish they would bring them back. I will not buy the pull over T-shirt style that is so abundant everywhere. It is rare that I can find a shirt or blouse, whatever you want to call it, that is button up. AND COTTON. Bob Mackie has had a few that have been wonderful. And Bob, if you read any of these comments, could you bring us some more cotton shirts but simpler in design? Also, I hate the kind of shirt with the sleeve that can be rolled up and attached to a button. Terrible. Every once in awhile I can find a nice shirt in a consignment shop or on E Bay. But I surely would like to buy a brand new cotton shirt that doesn't cost over $30.

Super Contributor

AMEN LADIES ! WOULD LIKE TO see some of the older traditional button blouses. Susan Graver does sell her button downs with long sleeves but she makes her sleeves too long for me and I can't buy them.

Trusted Contributor

With a few exceptions, they usually need ironing, or at least touching up before wearing. I've gotten so spoiled to the easy care of wrinkle-free knit pieces that I rarely wear woven shirts any more. And "crisp" cotton shirts don't skim softly over my curves (bumps? bulges?) like knits do. Woven fabrics tend to bunch and stick out awkwardly. And knits in various yarn content and styles can range from very casual to very elegant and dressy. I've come to be a "knit top" girl the great majority of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

AMEN! I would love to see more button down work wearable shirts/blouses. (especially in white). It needs to be dense enough to wear alone. I don't want to have to layer. I also purchase clothes as gifts and I don't want to have to worry or think about if they can wear this to the office.

It would be nice to see these shirts in a variety of lengths ( I prefer tunic but standard would be better for the office) as well as sleeve options.

Cotton content with some stretch but some variety with the finishes. I love how George Simonton blouses feel like silk but are more substantial in the fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of the button up shirt. Coldwater used to make a good 'no iron'...which wasn't really no iron, but didn't require too much of a touch up. But CC changed their sizing, lost their core customer and are now going out of biz.

10 years or so ago you could get a really good button up from Ralph, Jones, Liz...for around $50 dollars...I still have quite a few. But now, it's very hard to find a good blouse that doesn't have some spandex in the fabric and they call them fitted. Well phooey on that for me...all that spandex does is make the back fat issue worse...on everyone. I'm sorry, but even the thin gals look ridiculous w/ a too fitted blouse/top. Give me a bit of a pleat in back or a bit more fabric in the back for a better looking shirt.

That being said, I did find some nice button up tunics from denim and company that I've really enjoyed this spring/summer. They wouldn't be for everyone/every climate as they are long sleeve and they do require ironing. They are around $30 and have washed up well and fit true to size...if not a bit bigger. I would not size down.

They look good w/ my work slacks and just as good w/ my more casual leggings and ankle pants. I think I will actually buy a few more before the end of summer as they are terrific tops I can see wearing all year long.

a22217

Denim & Co. Long Sleeve Rolled Tab Button Front Tunic Shirt

a220601

Denim & Co. Long Sleeve Oxford Tunic with Pockets

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think the Q should bring back more work wear. They used to have Dialog. There are clothes for work here, but some tailored office wear would be nice. I also like my jackets a little longer for the office. I would like to see some wedding guest wear, too.

Respected Contributor

I think the elimination of more structured clothing here is driven by what QVC considers to be its target customer, but also by profits. QVC has to make so much more per item of clothing sold than other online retailers due to its massive production costs. Everyone has the costs of their online presence - web programmers, photography, product descriptions. But QVC has the massive cost of its studios and on-air talent, and I think that has a lot to do with the higher prices (and sticky prices - they never really mark things down) that are seen here. HSN sells some more complex clothing, but mostly in their designer lines or in clothing made by some other vendor who comes there to sell on a short-term contract (think NYDJ, DKNY, Levi's).

It costs considerably more to make a pair of modern waist jeans than it does to make a pair of the pork chop pocket pants with elastic waist. The fabric for the jeans is more expensive, there are more pieces to cut, and many more steps in the sewing process.

Same for the tops. It is cheaper to buy a run of patterned 95/5 cotton spandex, cut a basic t-shirt top with bateau or high scoop neck top, and add a pair of 3/4 length sleeves. There is no placket, collar, collar band, sleeve cuff, buttonholing, or darting. All of the extra pieces take time to cut, and time to finish.

Most of the lines that have been eliminated here are the lines that offer clothing which is more expensive to make. It seems like QVC has been focused on driving down its wholesale price per piece. I don't think that has been by chance.