Respected Contributor

Got to be kidding...over $30 for plain tee shirt

Jackie is showing a plain unflattering tee shirt that looks like a sleep shirt for $24.oo plus $6.22 shipping. It looks like something from Walmart for $9.99. The pricing on this line is WAY out of line.

Super Contributor

Re: Got to be kidding...over $30 for plain tee shirt

I agree. That top Jackie is wearing is ugly as well.
Trusted Contributor

QVC's prices for simple tees, shells, and the like are seldom competitive. I can do considerably better in discount stores or on sale in department stores, let alone at my favorite thrift stores. Add QVC's S&H charges, and the price is even farther out of line. I picked up five very nice sleeveless knit layering pieces at my local St. Vincent de Paul thrift store today for $1.75 each! Quality labels, all were in like-new condition; a couple still had the tags on.

Word: You better shop around!

Respected Contributor

This is common with more and more of their items--nothing unusual and overpriced, even before the S&H is added.

Except for the occasional find at QVC, I see plenty of unique things elsewhere, and at bargain prices.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

Yesterday at Walmart I bought 4 basic tshirts just for wearing around the house. I paid $5.46 each for them. They had lots of pretty colors. I got pink, purple, red and a grass green.
Super Contributor

DENIM AND COMPANY USED TO BE REALLY AFFORDABLE BUT THEIR PRICES ARE SLOWLY BUT SURELY GOING RIGHT UP THERE !

Honored Contributor

I get really teed off when it comes to their prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I don't know where you ladies shop, but unless they are on sale I haven't seen a department store t-shirt with an msrp tag of under $25 in about 5 years. The $25 tees are generally those plain flimsy things that are only worth the $10 they usually end up being reduced down to. The good beefy tees are $30 and up (regular price). It is that price point comparison that QVC uses to establish their pricing as they consider D&C tees to be the good beefy onesWink.

My comments do not necessarily reflect my opinion of D&C price points, but rather the common retail business logic used to set them.