Super Contributor

Flat front elastic waist pants?

Have noticed lately that most shown have the original elastic waist... Since I really prefer the ones with the flat elastic waist with elastic in the back wondering? Is that style not being shown anymore?

Main reason is I am more comfortable... 2nd is I had Shingles a number of years ago. Still have some nerve pain where the elastic hits...

Would really love to hear from others who prefer this rather then then the full elastic original waist pants?CAPRI'S,PEDAL PUSHERS, ETC...

lovestodance

Valued Contributor

Re: Flat front elastic waist pants?

I seldom (read that as never...lol) wear my shirts or sweaters tucked in anymore so it doesn't matter to me if the elastic goes around the entire waist or not. However, I admit that I do like the look of the flat front more.

Maria

Honored Contributor

Lovestodance, I hope you see this. Here's the link to new Denim & Co Capris with semi-flat front and elastic on back

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-How-Classic-Pedal-Pushers-with-Button-Detail.product.A254319.html?sc...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Kohl's and Walmart carry this style.

Esteemed Contributor

If my top is long it does not show. And most of the time I don't wear tucked unless I have on a jacket or vest. I have no problem with wearing and showing the elastic. I have seen such strange clothing choices these days that I doubt it would really matter.

Honored Contributor

You can wear a longer silky cami underneath the waistband. I've cut full slips into a shorter, cami, only longer than most cami's, just for that silky feel under an elastic waistband. You really won't feel that waistband if you try this! The secret is to have a much longer length cami.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 6/5/2014 ROMARY said:

You can wear a longer silky cami underneath the waistband. I've cut full slips into a shorter, cami, only longer than most cami's, just for that silky feel under an elastic waistband. You really won't feel that waistband if you try this! The secret is to have a much longer length cami.

Great idea. I still have slips I never use. (I hate dresses) Great use for them. Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

You're quite welcome! Try on a few slips first, tuck them under your elastic waistband pants, just to see which slip fabric feels the best under the elastic waist. Then, you can cut the one you choose to the desired length. (And just think of all of the cami's you will have that you have made from slips that you don't wear!)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

There are some D&C pants with a flat front - checkout out the ""How Smooth"" and the ""How Classic"" styles.

I think all of Isaac's 24x7 pants have a flat front with either elastic just in the back or flat all around but they are still pull on and easy fit. I use to wear a lot of D&C pants but these days I wear Isaac's pants to work almost every day in a variety of colors and lengths and my D&C pants just sit in my closet.

Super Contributor

Yes, I just bought two pair of D&Co How Timeless Capri pants A50253. They have the flat front and elastic back. I prefer crops but QVC is barely selling crops anymore and I don't care for their regular crops with the elastic all the way around the waist. These capris do seem a bit longer so I like them.