Regular Contributor

SO many pretty maxis - SO little all-cotton!!

I have tried in earnest to appreciate the merits of "perfect" jersey. However, my tactile sensibilities simply cannot stand the squeaky, rubbery, hot stuff!!

While I realize the majority of Denim and Co ladies seem to prefer the 95/5 blend, there is still a mighty force of 100% cotton advocates out here, and for the life of me, I don't understand why the designers don't offer at least a few all-cotton dresses.

The one longer all-cotton dress with the white flowers (A214532) is almost always limited. Seems that should speak volumes about demand.. Smiley Happy

If you make them, we will buy!

Super Contributor

Re: SO many pretty maxis - SO little all-cotton!!

I have several of the dresses that you mentioned and love the perfect jersey material. If you want 100 cotton try the Liz Claiborne line here on QVC I have several of those dresses also and love them as well. P.S. They wash up very nicely.

Honored Contributor

Obviously, if they make them; women will not buy them. QVC is in the business of making money, if there was a huge demand for 100% maxis, they would sell them. By the boat load. I don't know what jersey OP is talking about, perhaps some fabric from back in the 70's. Most of us like modern blended fabrics because laundering is easy, no ironing is required and most of all, they don't wrinkle.

Trusted Contributor

I bought maxi dress A252800 which has some rayon added to the blend. It feels very nice and soft, so I hope that D&C will make more of this blend. I agree about the thick rubbery blend that is so common in the line.

Trusted Contributor

I also want more 100% cotton maxi dresses. I own 2 of the flower print one, and I wished they'd bring the exact same dress in another print.

I also cannot wear the 5% spandex.

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy anything that's 100% cotton.

I don't know what the problem with a little spandex in garments is, but it not only has some give but holds its shape SO much better. I also like a little rayon or modal in the blend sometimes ..... blends seem to wear better.

Honored Contributor

I guess the D&C ladies don't like to iron. I know I don't. I'd like to see a cotton/poly blend.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Women are so different in what fabrics they like. Some will only buy all cotton, some like a blend and yet others will only buy a rayon/poly blend fabric. Some like poly span blends.

I also notice that the issue with a 95 cotton/5 span blend is that women seem to either hate it or they love it.

I like a little bit of everything, I have figured out. In the future I am going to work on not rejecting a piece of clothing just due to the fabric alone. There are other things that are important too, like cut and care instructions etc.

I think it's nice that QVC offers a variety of fabrics to try and please all customers. So we have choices! Love that.

Contributor

I'm with you. Several years ago I bought a D&Co. 95/5 dress. I hated the rubbery feel of the material, and never wore it. I never got around to returning it; finally gave it away. Also bought a top in that blend around the same time, wore it once, ended up giving that away too. (I'm the perfect QVC customer, LOL.) The material made me sweat, and I hated the way it clung. I don't mind spandex in pants and shorts, but it's not as noticeable in those heavier fabrics. In dresses and tops, though, I feel like I'm wearing thick plastic wrap.

My interpretation of spandex's unfortunate growing prevalence in the entire D&Co. line is that it cuts costs, and that's why they push it so much, but its use has really limited my purchases. So maybe I'm not such a perfect customer after all!!!