Contributor

Yesterday on AM Style, they were presenting the how comfy Bermuda shorts but once again failed to accommodate the petite customer. I'm getting tired of the hosts telling us that we can wear them as a longer short or we can wear the capri pant as a crop pant. It's really not for them to decide how a customer wears her clothing. Do they think that we petites don't want to wear Bermuda shorts or capris or pedal pushers that are tailored to fit us? Or is that only for the "regular" sized customer? Anyway I hope all of your normal people enjoy your Bermuda shorts this summer. I'm jealous.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello. What about petites?

I saw that presentation too and thought the same thing. I bought the How Comfy capris in a denim color and I roll them up. I was wondering if you could do the same with the shorts - in denim color anyway. I'm sure not going to roll up any of the colors. The petites are really left out of the summer clothing lines. I don't want crops that look like flood pants, or capris that look like crops. We already talked about the issue with shorts -

Those Bermudas were the correct length on Leah who is quite tall. I could only guess what would happen on me Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

It is not just the length of the legs, it is also the rise; that fact seems to escape most designers not just at QVC, everywhere. I cannot buy a regular size pants (crops, shorts, etc) as the waist comes up to my bra, I even have that problem with some petites. My height is 5 foot even, I often need to shorten petites - 30 inches is way too long for me, my highest heels are 2". Mostly I wear 1 1/2" heels or flats like Birkenstocks so a 27 inseam is best for me. If I have to have the pants altered at the rise and shorten them, my seamstress charges $25, which I factor into the cost.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried putting your request on one of the hosts face book pages, maybe Carolyn. Or for the Susan Graver request, go to Susan's page. They will see it there and may likely give a response.

Honored Contributor

I've got several pairs of Bermudas and they hit just below the knee. I kind of like them like that since I have a surgery scar on one knee that they cover. I could easily hem them if I wanted them shorter.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment