Occasional Contributor

Where's the D&Co How Smooth Boot Cut Jeans?

I guess I've missed out if there has been any discussion about when the How Smooth boot but jeans is coming back. I thought it would be this spring - any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Where's the D&Co How Smooth Boot Cut Jeans?

I believe Carolyn said sometime this summer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I check every week to see if it's back in stock. I even called CS to see if they could email me when it comes back... they said no :-(
Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to know, too -- I was one of those people begging for them to bring them back. However, that said, I'm almost afraid of what we'll get when they do. The sizing on the "straight leg" How Smooth was way off - I had to go up a size and get a tall to get the proper rise (they shortened the rise in regular) even though I'll have to hem them and also take up the leg where it is so wide. Then they brought the How Smooth capris, and the size I went up to in the straight leg, barely fit me in the capris - started with a 10 regular in the bootcut (perfect fit), went to a 12 tall in the straight leg, 12 in the capris barely fit, so who knows what the bootcut will be. I just don't understand how they could almost ruin a great product-and the sad part is they obviously knew the ratings were extremely high on the bootcut-so why change it so drastically?!{#emotions_dlg.scared} Still, I'll take the chance when they do come back.

Esteemed Contributor

BTW, if anyone finds out when, please give us a heads up on the boards! That's how I found out the straight leg was in stock (thought it was the boot cut until I looked).

Honored Contributor

When the straight leg was a TSV, Gary made it sound like they weren't far off. April is next week, so we're getting far off. I wonder if they'll hold them until fall clothes start coming out. I only say that because bottoms seem to be capris and shorts now.

Super Contributor

Loved the original. Couldn't they keep it the same & charge a little more if necessary? The straight legs were a mess, too small, waist was not as much stretch. So disappointed.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your comments. I still check at least once a week to see if any change. Sure hope they haven't changed them. Every time I think I want to try the straight leg version I read the reviews and look at the pictures. Just don't want them. I did buy the capris in several color. Only tried on one pair which although snug did fit in same size. Now I think I'll go try the rest of them just to be sure after reading your comments!

Trusted Contributor

Someone asked about the How Smooth Boot Cut jeans on Gary's blog about asking our opinion on an A-D program.

On 4/22/2014 snickster said:

Just checking, again, on the How Fitting boot cut jeans in denim colors, also the How Smooth boot cut originals, also the denim colors. I don't know who (I'm sure many do) is wearing all the colored jeans, but not seeing any in my area. Here it is white, black, and dark and light denim only. Thanks for your reply, in advance.

Hello,

We will not be bringing the How Fitting styles back in. I am glad you like the How Smooth and undertand you want in the denim colors. We are not able to get any more of that particular style right now. However, we are working on new pant ideas for 2015. Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Gary

Esteemed Contributor

I personally think they made a BIG mistake with what they did with the How Smooth jeans. They really had a winner -- and ignored the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" They're still trying to sell the last TSV -- there are some sell outs, mostly in white and black in the petites and talls. The bootcuts have been mostly sold out since a few weeks after introduction, with the exception of the red.

I'm really sorry to hear that Gary is now saying they're working on new pant styles for 2015 but not the How Smooth - when they introduced the straight leg, they said the bootcuts would be coming back in a "few months". It looks like the possibility of getting the originals back is gone forever...that's the only style of Denim & Co pants or jeans I've ever purchased, so I won't be getting any others. I might go back and order the two colors I didn't get in the straight leg -- I can make them into a modified bootcut.{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}