New Contributor

Change of Style with Denim & Co

Has anyone else noticed that Denim & Co. style has changed . I use to love Denim & Co and purchased many items. But now everything is relaxed, sloppy, casual dressing. I work in the Public sector and I love looking professional without spending a fortune and their clothing used to be that way. I am sorry but there are very few plus size women who look good in their big tops, stripes and clothes that looks like I am ready for the gym or bed. I am so disappointed in this trend. BRING BACK MORE STYLE DENIM & CO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Change of Style with Denim & Co

ita; it looks like most of their newest items are not meant to be worn outside the house, at least I wouldn't

Frequent Contributor

I'm in total agreement. There's no fit or style. Price tag on the items is ludicrous.

I get better value on this type clothing from my local mart stores.

Frequent Contributor

I guess we can all thank ""Gary"" for this.
Honored Contributor

I don't notice much difference. It was never meant to be "career dressing". They've always had a lot of jeans, the twill pants with pockets and big oversized T-shirts. I've got some that go back years (need to clear out closet). Maybe you're thinking of Sports Savvy?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You said it all, how true is this!

I have a lot D&C in my wardrobe but I can't remember the last time I bought one of the tops unless of course it's a lunchtime special.

I'm not sure if the Q crunches the numbers what they would find but personally I don't see anything really special that I must have. Saturday afternoon couch clothes can be purchased anywhere, don't need the Q for those at all.

Respected Contributor

I agree.

They discontinued a lot of great 4-5 star items and seem to be bringing in less ""tailored"" casual wear.

Gary needs to go.

Sorry Gary.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

I haven't noticed any difference -- it has always been casual wear ("easy wear, easy care"). I would think that, with the number of D&Co units they sell, Gary's job is pretty secure!

Contributor

I too am DISAPPOINTED in the new direction of Denim & Company. It has been a long time since I purchased any of their D&C tops and I used to buy a lot of them.

Just way too oversized and relaxed now. I don't want stripes and big, long oversized shirts either, or anything that looks like I'm just lounging around the house in. I really wish they would bring back some of the old Denim & Company style tops back.

Since they stopped selling Sports Savvy, they incorporated that into Denim & Company, and and made it much too casual now.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that the tailored, sleek-looking items D&Co used carry are mostly gone. I haven't bought anything from this line for a couple years except jeans (but the styles I liked were promptly discontinued like tall How Fitting & the tall Leah Trouser jeans). I still have a great top with gold buttons in all colors that is slimming (A-215893) and a slimming seersucker lined jacket (A-222220). I also still wear a well-fitting courduroy jacket that can be worn indoors. I also have a beautiful blue tribal print outdoor jacket I like (A-227208). Not finding anything like these items in D&Co anymore.