Occasional Contributor
D & Co is still using too much spandex in their clothes.
Trusted Contributor

I agree and no longer order their tops because the spandex makes them feel rubbery and cheap.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/27/2014 wonderwoman100 said:

I agree and no longer order their tops because the spandex makes them feel rubbery and cheap.

ITA! 1 or 2 percent would be enough spandex, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but too many 100% cotton garments lose their shape. I think the 95/5 cotton/spandex blend is perfect ...... perfect!

Super Contributor

I agree about too much spandex in the tees. I have a top that I ordered last year that I wear all of the time. Have been waiting for them to have this tee available this year. I looked at the tag and noticed that it was 100% cotton. I have washed it and worn it many times in a year and , yes, it looks as new as the first day that I got it and has held its shape beautifully. Just ordered a tee that was on last week thinking that it was going to be the same as my beloved other tee and , sadly, no. Why? 95% cotton and 5% spandex. Yes, that spandex makes a huge difference and it isn't for the good. It clings where I don't want it to cling. This new one will be returned and I do hope that they do bring back a few tees for the summer in 100% cotton.

Honored Contributor

I like some spandex. I just tried to get those tank tops that are all spandex on that were (one size fits all) and I couldn't get the things over my head!

I thought, "Wholly cow! I live alone and what if I get this thing stuck 1/2 way! Who'll help me get it off?" It was that tight!

I'm not a skinny mini! I now wear a size XL usually, sometimes (when the cows jump over the moon) a size Large.

I called and CS told me I'd be "FINE". Sure!

Respected Contributor

I totally agree. I have ordered their cotton/spandex tops before and they feel and look like rubber. When you wash them, they do not hold their shape, size or color any better than 100% cotton. I have tried several tops and after washing on the wrong side on the delicate cycle and air drying, they look like a hot mess and feel worse. I just can't wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm no spandex expert but have heard (Renee') say she uses the most expensive spandex product - and heard Susan G & Renee' state that spandex - of a good quality - is very expensive.

Some of D&C pants (jeans) are like rubber - the sitting creases get to a point where the material doesn't 'snap bounce' back. Lap area looks like you've been sitting even when freshly laundered. I'm assuming spandex used wasn't the best quality.

Regular Contributor

AGREE!! Are we being appeased by the offering of those 100% cotton oversized tee's? They are wonderful, but come on... MORE please!

Saying that the 95/5 blends are "breathable" is like saying a restaurant's air is breathable when 5% of it is a smoking section. The whole place is contaminated!

The spandex makes the fabric "squeaky" - makes my skin crawl just to think about it! When you scratch or maybe adjust your bra, the fabric leaves a weird bubbly spot where your fingers were. It does NOT hold the shape better - except where you don't want it to..!?

That is all. lol

Esteemed Contributor

ANOTHER VOTE FOR THE 95/5 ... Keep up the good work Gary.