Contributor

I have noticed lately that the inch dimensions for

some sizes are going down. For instance, in

Denim & Co the 1X is almost always 51 inches. Perfect

for me, but I've noticed lately that some of them are going

down to approximately 49 inches. Two inches is a big deal

and usually now if I size up, it's too big. Christopher and Banks

has also done this between 1X and 2X. Anyone else notice this?

Honored Contributor
A few months ago D&Co changed their sizes - and yes, they are considerably smaller - also 2' in my size. In order for me to get pants that wil fit me in the hips I would have to buy ones that are about 3" too big in the waist. I think it has to do with the trend for everyone wearing these sausage skin tight clothes. I now buy my pants elsewhere - i am not at all interested in skin tight clothing that accents every flaw on my 65 year old body.
Contributor

I, too, have had to stop buying D&C 1X. If I go up to a 2X, it is too large across the shoulders. I bought a 2X top and not only was it too large across the shoulders (hanging down off my shoulder onto my arm) , but the bottom looked like it was a tent shape (huge). The PTB seem to assume everyone has hips larger than the bust line...not true.

Esteemed Contributor

The Denim & Co TSV jeans that were supposed to be the 'How Smooth" jeans from last year showed the hip dimension for a size 10 as 39", the same as last year's which fit me perfectly. This year's jean would barely measure 37.5" in one pair and 38" in the other. Last year's jean stretches just a little and I was on the fence about the 39" then, but they were fine. No way can I wear 37.5" hip! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}Had to return these and order up a size-still waiting to see what happens with the size larger.

Honored Contributor

What I've noticed is the fact that when I order the same item in a couple of different colors but the same size, they're rarely the same size anymore. One will be right on, the other tends to be too big for me. All this does is make me griped because the larger doesn't fit me. More importantly If I KNOW it's not going to shrink in the wash/dry, then it means I'm forced to take the time to return it. Such a waste of my time, money & energy. It also means I'm out the 2nd of what was to be the same but different, if you know what I mean.

It was different alright - the same size wasn't really the same size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I find this to be true of most brands here not just d&co.

Regular Contributor

I have noticed this, too. I am now between sizes. It wouldn't be so bad if they just adjusted the garment measurements, but they have somehow skewed things so that nothing fits right any more. I wonder if it would help to email customer service and tell them, but I am not exactly sure how to word what it is that is wrong with the new sizing...except things don't fit.

Honored Contributor

Because of sizing problems I certainly don't shop here like I used to. But then again I don't shop for anything anywhere like I used to.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've noticed it in the pants. The measurements used to be perfect. Now with the 2 inch difference, they are no longer. I won't order the next size because it's 2 inches too big, so I just don't order. Length has also changed. Regular inseam used to be 29, now it's 30 or more. I never had to have d&c items tailored and am not going to start now.

Contributor

Yes, I noticed this too! I thought I was gaining weight until I looked at the measurements!

Super Contributor

Just saw Kahy Levine on an infromercial with Marrie Osborn for Nutria system. She looks FAB.