Super Contributor

D&C prices are not a bargain any more

I've been watching D&Co this morning and the prices, for the quality, aren't that much of a bargain anymore, especially considering the so-so quality. I remember when D&C was--not exactly my go-to style, but I bought plenty of it.

No so any more.

I did buy a pair of corduroy pants just now, with pockets, even though I think the price is really too high. I've bought these pants before and--at least, years ago--the quality was good; I'm still wearing them now. But if were a new customer, I wouldn't touch these with a 10-meter cattle prod; WAY overpriced.

D&C used to be good quality at reasonable prices. Not any more. And that's too bad because D&Co. used to be one of QVC's best lines of clothing you could always count on. Now I think twice before I buy anything from this line.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: D&C prices are not a bargain any more

I started buying D & Co. 12 years ago and also SS. The fit and quality were great until about 3 years ago. Whenever I ordered the same item # again,, it came made of a different fabric content. This happened with the great SS capri's that I had every color in and wanted to renew a few of them. Also, the price is much higher than it was and I can't justify $50 for a top or bottom when I could get two tops or two bottoms for $50. JMHO!

Regular Contributor

How true!! I love D & C...they wear like iron, but they used to be such a great value to us folks that have to work darn hard for a buck.....I can't afford them any longer....they're entirely out of line with my billfold. $37 or more for a little tee-shirt top.....uh NO WAY!!!

Esteemed Contributor

That's why I now buy Croft & Barrow (and Sonoma) at kohls.com --- free shipping and many choices.

Respected Contributor

Years ago, I liked some of their tops. I still have some of their nice velour ones. Lately, though, their quality seems to have gone way down--reminds me of the OLD Alfred Dunner line.

And what's up with Gary suddenly appearing? Do they really need someone else to hawk the product along with the Q host? No, they don't. It's just someone else to pay. They need to chuck the excess baggage and lower the dang prices.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

Shipping and handling are what bring the prices up beyond affordability. You can just add $10-$15 to every item. It's ridiculous! If you return something it's really bad. I don't have to pay $20 to try something on the mall.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy my jeans in Costco. Best fit, style and comfort FOR ME. Pricing is much better than QVC. I do have the old denim & Co and still like and wear them. This is the second time I have heard the cotton story. I wear lots of square dance clothing and one of the big manufacturers of this type of clothing has changed its business model, stopped making our clothes because of the price of COTTON. They are making something else, petticoats for brides. I wonder how long that will last.

Contributor

I Love D&C ""Comfy fitting trouser jeans."" Perfect fit for me! I think they are still on Clearance for $20.00. Love the extra material Band that holds my stomach in.
Super Contributor

My favorite day to day jeans are A72887 with elastic waist back. Yes, I said it - I wear Mom Jeans! At least most of the time. I don't know if anyone can tell, with my blouse untucked, that I have elastic at the back of my waistband, and here's another shocker ... I don't care. I AM a mom and I earned that dammed elastic. I love my Denim & Co. Mom jeans. They're well made in my opinion. They stay true to size from color to color. And speaking of color ... There are 8 of them! Very few jeans "out there" are going to offer all sizes in 8 colors. The jeans are $34. My friend wears a brand "For All Mankind". I don't think hers look one bit better than mine and she buys up a size in preparation for the shrinking. Her jeans start at $200. I love D&Co. They're true from one order to the next. They don't shrink into a different size. They come in 8 colors for Pete's sake and some models also come in petite and tall. I think they offer all this for a good price, too.
Contributor

Sometimes they are bargains, sometimes not. But I fear the addition of Gary bodes ill for future prices. Somehow adding an older male authority to the mix can be used to justify price hikes. The addition of Gary seemed to coincide with a pretty dramatic price hike on some items. Oh, PULEEZE, let D & C be for and about women!!