Honored Contributor

Need help with lots of Tollhouse cookie dough

I now have a 5 pound bucket of tollhouse cookie dough that DH bought from someone selling it for a scout fundraiser.....5 pounds! I am wondering how I could add to it to make cookies that aren't all the same....I know I can do a pan cookie but could I add oatmeal or coconut, etc. to the dough before baking and would it turn out okay? Any ideas would be a big help!

Super Contributor

Re: Need help with lots of Tollhouse cookie dough

You could try adding drops of it to other things. Like adding drops of it to a pan of brownies. You might need to bake them in a slightly larger pan. Or putting a spoonful in cupcakes before baking them. Or take the dough and press it on the bottom and sides of each cup of a muffin pan to bake little cookie "bowls" to fill with something yummy. Or press it in a pie plate and bake for a cookie crust for a pudding type pie. Lots of possibilities.

Not sure if oatmeal would work because it might absorb too much moisture. The coconut might be okay, though. Or nuts, things like that. You have a lot of dough there to experiment with, that's for sure.

Respected Contributor

maybe make a layer brownie with it? Freeze some of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Eat it as is!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/20/2014 iam4truth said:

You could try adding drops of it to other things. Like adding drops of it to a pan of brownies. You might need to bake them in a slightly larger pan. Or putting a spoonful in cupcakes before baking them. Or take the dough and press it on the bottom and sides of each cup of a muffin pan to bake little cookie "bowls" to fill with something yummy. Or press it in a pie plate and bake for a cookie crust for a pudding type pie. Lots of possibilities.

Not sure if oatmeal would work because it might absorb too much moisture. The coconut might be okay, though. Or nuts, things like that. You have a lot of dough there to experiment with, that's for sure.

Great ideas! I was thinking along the "cookie cup" idea, too. Then you could serve ice cream sundaes or something in them.

What about adding mix-ins like M&M's, raisins, other types of chips (like peanut butter)--not necessarily all at the same time!

Respected Contributor

Layer it in a pizza pan and add stuff to make a sweet pizza.
Honored Contributor

You could definitely add some coconut but oatmeal would thicken the dough too much. How about some crushed peppermint candy for Christmas?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wow, I didn't know this sort of thing came in buckets!

I don't use this but I wonder if one couldn't portion it out in reasonable amounts, wrap it in cellophane, freeze it in a roll or something, then vacuum seal it and keep it in the freezer. The reason I mentioned wrapping and freezing it before vac-sealing is that it won't smash it flat.

Honored Contributor

wow thanks for all the good ideas.....I have a mini muffin pan so I may try putting the dough in it....putting something on top......I have some Christmas m&ms....guess I can add those for one batch and I will just make some for Thanksgiving with some orange ones.....we will have several kids for dinner and I think the cookies will be better than the pies for them. I have already put half of the dough into the freezer.

Honored Contributor

I freeze the break and bake kind and use on or two as I crave one. Never had a problem with a package in the freezer for even up to 6 months. Divide out and save some.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."