Contributor

I have been baking these cookies non-stop lately. They are perfect for the season and very healthy, no added sugar, flour or eggs. Just make sure to use almond flour and not coconut flour. I made that mistake once and the cookies turned out very dry and much lighter in color. Almond flour and almond butter combination results in very nice chewy texture. Try it and let me know if you liked itSmiley Wink

Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies

• 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • 2. In a large bowl combine pumpkin puree, almond butter, raw honey, and vanilla.
  • 3. In a separate small bowl combine almond flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
  • 4. Stir dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Mix well for thick uniform texture.
  • 5. Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture out and form a ball with your hands. Flatten to form into cookie shape, place on the baking sheet.
  • 6. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges brown. Avoid burning the bottoms.
  • 7. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.

Recipe source: http://paleontastic.com/recipe-items/cranberry-pumpkin-cookies/

Valued Contributor

Re: Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies

These sounds SOOO yummy! Thank you for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

Gluten free to boot. Perfect for anything my pumpkin loving self right now! Thanks.
Contributor

On 10/22/2014 LoLa said:

These sounds SOOO yummy! Thank you for sharing!

LoLa, you are very welcome. You can use some quality chocolate instead of cranberries too. Just an ideaSmiley Wink

Contributor

On 10/22/2014 2zbeach said: Gluten free to boot. Perfect for anything my pumpkin loving self right now! Thanks.

Gluten free, processed sugar free, dairy and egg free - but you would never guess judging by the tasteSmiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to the OP!!! Sound Yummy!!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

This recipe is great since their is no eggs or milk as my son and family are vegan. However, I found the mixture to sticky to roll as directed. Did anyone else have this problem. What did I do wrong. Would like some advice. Thank you.