Valued Contributor

Does anyone have any "tried & true" cookies they usually bake for the Fall? I would appreciate any of your recipes & give them a go! I tried several different apple pie recipes last year but nothing "stood out" so this year I am going to try the cookie route! Thanks in Advance!

Trusted Contributor

HARVEST APPLE STREUSEL SQUARES

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 fat)

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) I use Eagle Brand

2 eggs

20 ounce can apple pie filling

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use almost 3/4 teaspoon)

1/4 cup cold butter or margarine

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/3 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine cracker graham cracker crumbs, butter and finely chopped pecans. Press evenly onto parchment paper-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on low until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and eggs. Pour over prepared crust. Spoon apple pie filling over cream cheese layer.

In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries and chopped pecans. Sprinkle over apple layer. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Makes 12 servings.

NOTE: I used the parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. I did not grease the pan at all. If you don't want to use parchment paper, you'll likely have to grease your pan.

Honored Contributor

Wow, PamelaSue..those sound yummy! Thanks for posting!

I don't have any 'tried and true' but found 2 new cookie recipes yesterday on lifeloveandsugar.com

One was moist and chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies and the other was Double Mint Chocolate Cookies. I haven't made either yet, so I can't vouch for them, but they are top of my fall list to try! If they taste anything like the pictures look on her website..oh boy!

New Contributor

I am copying your recipe. Sounds awesome. Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

This is one of DS' favorite recipes! Smile

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

½ c. butter

1 ½ c. sugar

1 egg

1 c. canned pumpkin

1 tsp. vanilla

2 ½ c. flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 c. chocolate chips

½ c diced roasted almonds (optional)

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and, if desired, almonds.

Drop by teaspoons onto well-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 6 dozen.

Valued Contributor

Thanks PamelaSue72 for the bar recipe! I like those since most are just add to pan & bake! They sound extremely good!! Love just about anything with cream cheese in it! This one I will be trying soon!

RespectLife..thanks for the website, going to head over there in few & check out those recipes you recommended. I'm always up trying new recipes but thought some of these great cooks might have some T&T ones to try. Thanks again!

beach-mom...i have seen the recipe you posted but never really read the ingredients until now. Didn't know if pumpkin & chocolate would go together but I am going to try these! I love pumpkin, didn't when I was a kid but now, I love it! I have a "folder" with nothing in it except pumpkin recipes in it! I make pumpkin rolls around Thanksgiving & Christmas time. Last year I made about a dozen to give away!

I agree with ConnieinTennessee, I appreciate you sharing these recipes!

Honored Contributor

Thanks beachmom...I love pumpkin and I LOVE chocolate! Sounds delicious!

gkelly....when you go to that site...be prepared to drool over ALL the recipes! I copied 26 total in just 2 days! I feel the pounds coming on!!

Here is a tried and true recipe. We have made these for years in our family. It is a shortbread cookie bar, easy to make and wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea. Not too sweet. Sometimes, I add additional nutmeg and/or similar spices besides just the cinnamon to punch up the 'fall spice' flavors. At Christmas, I add red/green sprinkles to the top b4 baking to make them festive. The original recipe calls for nuts only though.

Jan Hagels

Preheat oven to 350

Mix with mixer: 1 cup butter (no subs)

1 cup sugar

1 egg yolk (save the egg white)

Add by hand: 2 cups flour

1 t cinnamon (add additional fall spices if you like)

Press into lightly greased 13 x 9 pan. Batter is thick so smooth it out.

Beat egg white w/ 1 T water till frothy. Brush on top and sprinkle with chopped nuts (your choice), PRESS DOWN LIGHTLY.

Bake 20-25 min. till lightly golden. When cooled, cut into bars.

Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

RespectLife (great name by the way!), I subscribed to that site! Pinned about 4 cookies recipes from just 2 pages and found a couple of Christmas cookie recipes to try out! Thanks again and thanks for your recipe! Looks pretty simple and sounds right up my alley...I will probably add more nutmeg and/or spices to it but will make it just like you have it the first time around.

Thanks Sharke...my neighbors & friends are going to like me more & more after making all those CC cookies!! I guess it's true..nothing better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk!

Honored Contributor