Contributor
I have purchased Chock full of nuts and New england coffe recently and not only do they not have the special ring on the cup lable they do not have the plastic cup! I live alone and do not need the caraf keurig has been pushing. I purchased the platinum as a backup to what I have. I guess not all coffee companies are buying into the keurig plan.
Respected Contributor
This made the national news the other day and the Keurig CEO said they misread the public on creating the new Keurig. Do you Think?? How about the Vue they brought out and you had to buy different Vue cups? Maybe he needs to go.
Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 standard Keurigs that use any k-cup (except for the ones made for the 2.0). I like it like that!

Q2, I'm glad the CEO acknowledges that they dropped the ball with the 2.0.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

The other thing in the news this week is that John Sylvan, inventor of coffee pods in the early 1990's, regrets his invention because of the negative impact the pods are having on the environment. Today, he doesn't even own a pod machine or drink Keurig coffee.

John Sylvan regrets K cup invention

Respected Contributor
On 3/7/2015 HonnyBrown said:

I have 2 standard Keurigs that use any k-cup (except for the ones made for the 2.0). I like it like that!

Q2, I'm glad the CEO acknowledges that they dropped the ball with the 2.0.

While I love my 2.0 I think they're just s u c king up to the media. I'm guessing most people will buy the cups that are recommended and Keurig is still ahead of the game. While I do use the refillable cups, sometimes they're just a pia to fill and clean for a cup of coffee.

I bought one of the carafe cup refills and don't use it for the carafe but I do use it for a really strong to go cup.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

debc, a My K-Cup came with the Keurig I bought in September. I haven't used it. I haven't even bought ground coffee since my first Keurig 6 years ago! K-cups come in so many varieties and flavors.

Just my opinion, but Keurig was an innovator. They will be ahead of the game for a long time!

Honored Contributor

I read about the inventor, too. He says the K Cups are not environmentally friendly and he regrets their invention. He also says they are too expensive as compared to other ways to make coffee.

Respected Contributor
On 3/7/2015 HonnyBrown said:

debc, a My K-Cup came with the Keurig I bought in September. I haven't used it. I haven't even bought ground coffee since my first Keurig 6 years ago! K-cups come in so many varieties and flavors.

Just my opinion, but Keurig was an innovator. They will be ahead of the game for a long time!

I never liked those my K-Cup things, you have to pop out part of your machine to use them and they hold less coffee. I use them for a straining funnel.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/7/2015 Mindy D said:

I read about the inventor, too. He says the K Cups are not environmentally friendly and he regrets their invention. He also says they are too expensive as compared to other ways to make coffee.

I'm sure he's not regretting the millions of dollars he's made off of his invention!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/7/2015 debc said:

I never liked those my K-Cup things, you have to pop out part of your machine to use them and they hold less coffee. I use them for a straining funnel.

Which refillable cup do you use for the 2.0?

My k-cup takes away the convenience "instant" coffee with a Keurig.