Contributor
I have purchased Chock full of nuts and New england coffe recently and not only do they not have the special ring on the cup lable they do not have the plastic cup! I live alone and do not need the caraf keurig has been pushing. I purchased the platinum as a backup to what I have. I guess not all coffee companies are buying into the keurig plan.
Honored Contributor
I was told that without the plastic cup your machine can get clogged from the coffee grounds
Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2015 dex said: I was told that without the plastic cup your machine can get clogged from the coffee grounds

Only if the bags completely rip open, and there is no reason they should. I use non-Keurig cups most of the time and while there might sometimes be a single ground or three in my cup, that's all. I had to clean the needle of my machine more often when I used licensed K-cups.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor
The top seems to be like the original cups but the grounds are covered in what seems to be similar what tea bags are. Havent had any problems
Contributor

I purchased Chock full of Nuts also. I have no problem with them in my personal Keurig Brewer. Just make sure you clean the needle once in while. I get a lot of the k-cup style coffees from our local Christmas Tree Store. Another good brand is the V k-cup(Victor Allens Coffee)for the price(about 40 cents per cup)it is good tasting coffee. I have had some name brands that were awful tasting. Sometimes expensive doesn't mean it will be good tasting!

Super Contributor
On 2/12/2015 tartlets said:

I purchased Chock full of Nuts also. I have no problem with them in my personal Keurig Brewer. Just make sure you clean the needle once in while. I get a lot of the k-cup style coffees from our local Christmas Tree Store. Another good brand is the V k-cup(Victor Allens Coffee)for the price(about 40 cents per cup)it is good tasting coffee. I have had some name brands that were awful tasting. Sometimes expensive doesn't mean it will be good tasting!

I just purchased an 80 count of the K-cups from Christmas Tree Shoppe for $24.99. I think they are the Victor Allen's brand. The coffee is pretty good and only costs $0.32 a cup. For that price I will get used to it! Smiley Wink

Contributor

I have the k-cups in our camper,but I bought the Vue machine for home. Well, we live in a rural area and I can only get the Vue cups from the company......once in a while Walmart will have them.....so this winter I brought my machine home with me.

What I like about the single cups is my husband would make a pot in the morning and leave that thing sit there on the warmer all day and it smelled so bad......but then he didn't notice his nose don't work like it used to I guess but his taste buds too? It was awful....now every time he makes a cup you get that fresh coffee smell.....

Contributor
I've used My Kcup for so long, I could actually taste the plastic when I used a plastic one. The local grocery store runs a 5 boxes of Kcups for $20 a lot. I like the Blonde Starbucks & Dunkin Donuts, lighter roasts.