Contributor

Got e-mail from Fedex this morning saying my Mini KEURIG is on the way???

I got an email from FEDEX this morning letting me know that the company handling Keurig's recall (INMAR) is sending me a "KEURIG MINI BREWER" to arrive on the 22nd of Jan. Now there isn't enough information in the tracking information on FEDEX's website to let me know if it is the WHOLE brewer, or just the replacement part. When I went to the recall site back in December to input my serial number, my mini brewer (bought from QVC) was not on the recall list. Now, over a month later, I get this confusing email...

Did anyone else receive this email?? I am registered on Keurig's website and that is the name and address that the new brewer or new part is being sent to.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Got e-mail from Fedex this morning saying my Mini KEURIG is on the way???

That is confusing! I put in my serial number like you did, and my mini brewer, from Q, was not on the recall list either. I have not heard anything else.

Super Contributor

It could be a spam email. You may want to confirm by calling either Keurig or

Fedex. This is from the Fedex site:

<h2 style="padding: 0px; border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; vertical-align: baseline; font-size: 1.42em; font-family: 'Arial Narrow', Arial, sans-serif; color: #4d148c; font-stretch: normal; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Fraudulent Email Alert</h2>

We have received reports of fraudulent emails with the subject lines “Shipping Conformation,” “Verify Info,” “Some important information is missing” and “Please fulfill the documents attached to verify your identity.” The fraudulent email may have an attached file that may contain a virus or other malware.

If you receive a message matching this description below, do not open the email or click on the attachment.Delete the email immediately or forward it to abuse@fedex.com.

FedEx does not send unsolicited emails to customers requesting information regarding packages, invoices, account numbers, passwords or personal information.

Honored Contributor

I receive fedex and delivery notices all the time, they go to spam. I do check the headings on my spam everyday because some mail goes there that I want. I never, ever open these as I know they are spam. I think you need to contact QVC or Keurig directly. This is a spam mail to get personal info.

When I do receive deliver notices from Neiman, horchow, last call and a couple other stores the mail goes directly to my INBOX. If you check the email address for some of the phony FEDEX delivery notices they change the dots and letters a bit.

Contributor

I did confirm shipment through the customer service phone number on Fedex's website. When I saw the email it immediately made me suspicious and I knew better than to click on any internal links. That's why I went directly to the website. Fedex customer service confirmed that a package is indeed on the way to me from INMAR in North Carolina, but they could not tell me what exactly was in it.

So, I guess it will be a big surprise tomorrow {#emotions_dlg.confused1}. Since my QVC brewer wasn't included in the recall, I had forgotten all about it.

Honored Contributor

Can anyone answer me why the Keurig's were recalled? Also, which model? Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

K-10 models (the mini brewer) produced prior to July 2014 are recalled.

A quote from Keurig website:

""Hot liquid could escape from certain MINI Plus Brewing System units during use. Keurig has determined that this event is more likely to occur if the brewer is used to brew more than two cups in quick succession.""

You can go to:

http://miniplusbrewer.com/StandardRegister/LPR.asp?L=564&ac=&ar=

Then scroll down and click on the ""US-English"" button to put in your contact info and serial number.

Trusted Contributor

Why would the OP think FedEx could tell her the contents of the package?

Trusted Contributor

I don't expect them to know the contents but I thought the weight of the pkg would be on the tracking info.

Respected Contributor

I received an e-mail from keurig on January 15 that they are sending repair kits in the next few weeks and that I would receive a confirmation email when it ships. They are sending the kits in the order that consumers reported on their email. My Keurig was on the recall list.