Respected Contributor

Keurig Platinum B70 - pump not working, and water reservoir ??

We have a replacement one that we got from Keurig maybe 5 years ago (it replaced the one from Q that just completely up and died after a year).

This may seem like a stupid question, but does the water reservoir come off? I don't think it does, and I've never tried, but it does seem to be permanently attached. I was hoping to remove it to try something I'd seen in a video to see if I can get the pump going. The last thing I want to do is contact Keurig and spend 30 minutes on the phone.

Fortunately, we have a personal brewer that we take on vacation that we can use, but I don't want to keep using it because we drink a lot of coffee.

Respected Contributor

Re: Keurig Platinum B70 - pump not working, and water reservoir ??

I have a different model with a removable reservoir, but if I were you I would try to remove it gently. Take the top off and see if you can wiggle the reservoir out of its base (assuming it looks like it's separate from the side of the machine)? I did find this brewer on amazon, and the description indicates that it is removable. FWTW!

Respected Contributor

Both my husband and I tried removing it and no go, it won't budge. I remember thinking it was slightly different than the original B70 we bought. It would seem odd that it doesn't remove, but it sure is looking like it doesn't.

Respected Contributor

If you've never removed it in 5 years, that might make it difficult. Found the manual online...does this help? http://www.manualslib.com/manual/287337/Keurig-Platinum-B70.html?page=5#manual
Respected Contributor

I found the manual at Keurig. What's different about the one we have now and the one that we got from Q is the filter is different. It doesn't take those little filter things. The models do look the same for the most part, but the filter and reservoir are different. Arrrggggh! We'll either figure it out or throw it out. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Well I feel stupid. LOL It finally came out. I don't know if we can fix the pump thing but we're going to try.

Respected Contributor

I'm just glad you figured it out! I hope your fix works Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

No luck. I think we're just going to buy a new one. It's the most used appliances in this house so I really don't mind, just sad that this one croaked. The pump just will not work.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry :/ Ours is the most used appliance too, and I'm not looking forward to that day...
Respected Contributor

Do you clean it regularly with vinegar? Maybe try cleaning, then removing the reservoir.