Regular Contributor

takes 2 k cups make full mug of coffee

Just brewed 2 know cups make full mug of coffee, using 2nd smallest brew size on machine. Like strong coffee. Been using k machine for past 6 years. Anyone else do this too? A carafe takes 3 to 4 know cups, by carafe I mean travel cup to go for work.
Regular Contributor

Re: takes 2 k cups make full mug of coffee

Meant k cups came about know cups typo!
Respected Contributor

I have a single serve kcup and the water line measures up to 8 oz I believe but it seems that most mugs hold more liquid? I find i need to get a dark roast kcup to accommodate for the extra liquid I have to use in my machine. Coffee still tastes better. when i tried a regular brew machine i could never get coffee right

Respected Contributor

You might read the labels on the boxes, some have a lot more coffee in them than others. Brarista Prima Italian roast has one of the highest amounts of coffee.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

I like drinking flavored coffee at night, feels like a treat with out eating junk!
Respected Contributor

holy cow. i can hardly believe that you have to use 2 k cups to get a small coffee! i like very strong coffee, and i only use ONE. and i make the medium sized mug. what kind of coffee are you using? may i suggest that if you like strong coffee that one of these would be worth a try:

green mountain, sumatran reserve

green mountain extra bold double black diamond

starbucks sumatra dark

cafe' bustelo

Honored Contributor

For me it depends on the particular K-cup. If it's a light or medium roast or tea, if I want more than 8 oz I use two K-cups. If it's a dark roast and/or Extra Bold I might make a 10-12 oz cup with one K-cup.

But I've recently had an epiphany about my coffee drinking. I've realized that I don't actually need to drink more than 10 oz, vs. the 14 oz on weekends I had been consuming - or rather, not finishing. Making 8-10 oz cups, they really taste better and I'm enjoying more.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

my k-2 only goes to 10 ounces...wish it were 12....its enough for my mug...if I need more coffee I make another one...my thermo mug wouldn't hold too much more...I haven't used my carafe...I guess I really should to make sure it works....

Valued Contributor

After 5 years, our Keurig would only brew 1/2 (large) cup. So we had to use a 2nd Kcup to brew the rest of the cup (to get a full large cup). It was clean and descaled, poked & prodded. I think the pump just wore out after 5 years.

This week i replaced it with a K45 Elite. Bed, Bath, Beyond (used my 20% coupon) for the same value as the Q has today. So far so good! 'Hope this helps.

(Edited to say we actually use the large cup brew setting, not the medium.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

I have a Keurig Vue and you can actually buy vue-cups for travel size mugs. They are larger than regular vue cups.