Occasional Contributor

Hi...I've never been to a Trader Joe's but found out that we have one about an hour away so was thinking of going there over the weekend to check it out. Anyone have any suggestions on items to try?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Suggestions

Where to begin!

ginger snap cookies

cookie butter

greeting cards

frozen mac and cheese

marcona almonds

chocolate orange sticks

pine nuts

fresh flowers

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

We love:

Champagne Pear Vinaigrette salad dressing (in the produce section). It is good on any salad, but my favorite is greens with chopped ripe pears, candied pecans, dried cranberries or cherries, and blue cheese.

Croissants (in the freezer section). This is a treat we usually save for company or special occasions, but it's nice to have in your freezer. I put them in the oven overnight to proof and bake them in the morning, and they are as good as any I've had in a patisserie in France. They come in plain (mini), chocolate, and almond.

Bring a cooler, because they have a lot of good frozen foods that you won't find anywhere else. My kids love the Mac and Cheese and the frozen mashed potatoes, which are easy to pop in the microwave if you just want a small portion. The Gyoza (pot stickers) are good, too.

They have a good selection of cheeses at TJs, and our favorite is the Pesto Gouda. It makes great grilled cheese, and we also use it on pizza (little bit of olive oil on the dough, pesto gouda, sundried tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts).

I could go on, but I'll let others weigh in with their favorites.

Honored Contributor

As of yesterday, my local still had the pumpkin bread pudding in the freezer section. Yum!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Frozen: Mandarin Orange Chicken, Turkey Bolognese, Arancini Balls (rice balls w/fontina), Mushroom Risotto, Polenta w/spinach and carrots, Mac n Cheese, Croissant, French Onion Soup, Chicken and Cheese Tamale, Pear Tart, Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Peanut Butter Cups (dark and milk chocolate), Maple Leaf Cookies, Lemon Curd, Sea Salt Caramels

Grade B Maple Syrup

Super Contributor

Their nuts are so fresh if you like nuts at all I reccomend them. The fetta in brine is very good as well. The cereal bars have more fruit in them than the nutrigrain ones and are only $2.
Honored Contributor

Lemon Bars

Fried Rice

Teryaki Chicken

Turkey corn dogs

all in the freezer section

Almond Biscotti

Greek Yogurt

Hawaiian BBQ chips

and so many other things I am forgetting

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Ultra Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

Hummus

Pizza

Joe's Os Cereal

Valued Contributor

Good coffee and tea
Esteemed Contributor

Pork Belly - it's cooked in the prepared foods section

Fresh Fruit - they always have something I don't see at my regular market. The last time I went, I got some Thomcord grapes.

Diced Prosciutto - I love this for making omelets

Ginger Lemonade

21 Gun Salute Seasoning

Coffee & Garlic Rub

Comte Cheese

Wine

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.