Occasional Contributor

thoughts on keurig rivo vs nespresso pixie/citzi

QVC has a great deal for the Rivo. Anyone familiar with both systems? I can't decide. Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: thoughts on keurig rivo vs nespresso pixie/citzi

I haven't used either one but would never recommend a Keurig. I just threw mine away after only one year. I was constantly having to scrape the needles with a paperclip just to get it to run properly. I had to do that about every couple of weeks for months. I finally gave up on it. The Nespresso Pixie gets great reviews on Amazon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have had a Pixie for at least 3 years now. It is excellent--no problems--and the espresso it makes is wonderful. It makes a longo that is bigger than an espresso shot, but not quite true "American" coffee style.

You order the capsules from Nespresso--it is about 70 cents each, and shipping is not expensive. Their frothers work fine, and make great cappuccinos!

I believe they still have an offer for $100 worth of free capsules if you buy a new machine costing $199.99 or more and have a valid receipt for that much. Check their website!

Regular Contributor

I have a Nespresso Citiz with Milk frother and a Keurig K10 Mini (the one with the recall). I love my Nespresso for making lattes and cappuccinos! I like the Keurig if I want to brew a cup early in the morning with limited time. The coffee in the nespresso is far superior to the Keurig coffees to me! I plan on replacing my Keurig for the Kitchen Aid single brewer when it dies. I have to always fiddle with the Keurig. The Nespresso has been a work horse with lots of use and no problems.

Trusted Contributor

I can only speak to the Keurig Rivo but I've had one for about a year and a half and really like it. The first one I ordered from Bloomingdale's and it leaked out the bottom so I called Keurig and they sent me a new one which works great and doesn't leak. I like the feature where you can froth milk either hot or cold which I use as we drink our coffee hot in the winter and cold in the summer. I also like that I can get their coffee pods for 56 cents each from Bed Bath and Beyond when I get one of their $5 off $15 purchase coupons.

Trusted Contributor

Love Nespresso machines. You just cannot compare the 2, in my opinion. I actually got the new one a while back called vertuoline. It makes what I call european coffee, strong. The only problem is that you have to buy the pods from their websites, I think bloomingdales carries the pods..For me it's not a problem, the pods come almost overnight.

Frequent Contributor

I just bought the Nespresso Vertuoline - Love It!! It is the BEST coffee & with the frother you can make your own lattes! Keurig coffee is like drinking sawdust in comparison!! This is the last day for Kohl's coupons - the 30% is PRESENTS30 - they have all Nespresso machines - the Vertuoline with frother is $349.99 - with the 30% off, it is $244.99 & Nespresso gives $100 in coupons for the pods! Williams Sonoma will recycle the pods! Highly recommend the Nespresso machines!