Respected Contributor

Can you make lattes at home with a Keurig K-cup?

probably impossible but i thought i ask.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you make lattes at home with a Keurig K-cup?

Gevalia sells a latte kit.

Put the prepackaged cream in your mug, then use the pod.

The picture on the box looked yummy, but then again, it would have to.

Kroger stores have it on sale for $5 for a box of 12.

Also, check the Keurig website to see what they offer.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I love lattes but didn't like Gevalias as much as I like Grove Square Cappuccino. I think it's delicious. It's hard to find though. I either buy it at Walmart or order from Amazon. Amazon's price is better. They give you more k-cups per box.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We got DS the Keurig Vue for college. He can make lattes. It's a two step procedure using 2 K-cups, but he loves it. You can find K-cups in the Vue series, but they're not as plentiful as the regular K-cups. Smile

NEW! KEURIG Vue V600 Single Serve Cup Coffee Brewing System w/ 10 Sample Cups

Frequent Contributor

I also have a Keurig Vue which I am afraid they are no longer making. I bought some Vue packs from Keurig.com recently, and they do not show the Vue model of brewer, only the regular Keurig Kcup, the 2.0 model and the Rivo which makes the lattes, using "real" milk. When my Vue stops working, don't know what I would buy. I use the Vue for regular coffee and have a Nespresso Pixie for lattes and use a frother for the steamed milk. I did not care for the powdered milk mixture in the lattes made by the Vue. Don't know why they aren't making it anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/21/2014 NickNack said:

I love lattes but didn't like Gevalias as much as I like Grove Square Cappuccino. I think it's delicious. It's hard to find though. I either buy it at Walmart or order from Amazon. Amazon's price is better. They give you more k-cups per box.

Nick, I forgot about Grove Square! I tasted the cappaccinos in a Crazy Cup sampler and fell in love! I ended up ordering a few boxes from Crazy Cups after that.

Thanks for the comparison. I saw Gevalia yesterday but didn't buy it. I need to put a dent in some of these k-cups.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Hi-Not sure if this is a purist's latte, but I can froth milk and add it to a cup of Keurig coffee. Someone gave me a little frother years ago and it's a great gadget to have around.
Trusted Contributor

When I have coffee at a coffee shop I always order a breve. Espresso and half & half. My favorite coffee shop makes a pretty design with the cream. I can't do the design, but if I wanted to have that at home I would brew a nice dark roast k-cup with 4 oz of water. Heat some half & half and add to the coffee.

Like glmama mentioned, you could froth the cream a little if you want.