Trusted Contributor

First, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

This morning I went to make a cup of coffee with my Keurig and it would not brew. Since I purchased the maker 2 years ago I was ready to toss it and then thought, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" and attempted with the help of the manual to fix the problem. Still, no luck, so I called customer service and a wonderful guy taught me how to fix the problem. Apparently coffee grounds can get up into the Keurig cup ( on top, a needle) holder; using a paper clip and continuing to rinse until clear my machine is working great. Smile

I hope that guy gets everything on his Christmas wishlist.!!!!!

Respected Contributor
We're such coffee addicts that we have to rush out and get a new one if we have any problems but this is a good reminder. Keurig customer service is good. I always call and they have sent me a new one once and parts at other times. So we've usually had a back up. I have learned over the years when it's time to just chunk it.
Esteemed Contributor

calc, that is awesome!!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Calcgirl, you're actually very lucky to have not had this problem for two years! I had to call CS for that fix after just two months.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

Someone told me to prevent that when you are putting a keurig cup in the holder to push down on it until it clicks and sets in place. Then when you close the lid, there is already a puncture hole and the coffee grounds have less of a chance to fly upward causing that problem. I hope I am explaining this so it makes sense.

Respected Contributor
On 12/13/2014 stampingpaperdoll said:

Someone told me to prevent that when you are putting a keurig cup in the holder to push down on it until it clicks and sets in place. Then when you close the lid, there is already a puncture hole and the coffee grounds have less of a chance to fly upward causing that problem. I hope I am explaining this so it makes sense.

Some of those cups are pretty pressurized. I usually just put the lid down real slow until I hear the air escaping, I stop a couple seconds and then push it down. I've never had grounds in the needle.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
On 12/13/2014 debc said:
On 12/13/2014 stampingpaperdoll said:

Some of those cups are pretty pressurized. I usually just put the lid down real slow until I hear the air escaping, I stop a couple seconds and then push it down. I've never had grounds in the needle.

I don't think it's grounds in the needle that's the problem. I never see grounds when I have to do the paperclip trick. It just looks like coffee stains/build-up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau