Respected Contributor

Older Keurig on now, takes all K-cups

Get them before Keurig pulls them! K-41438

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Older Keurig on now, takes all K-cups

I have the K-40 Elite. My parents gave it to me for my 40th birthday.

It doesn't have any bells, whistles or bright lights and it's noisy, but it takes any K-Cup and it's going strong after 6 years!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Wow Honny, 6 yrs may be the longest lived Keurig ever! I think it's a good model if you don't need the larger tank size, and TG it takes any cup! I hate the black-mailing aspect of the 2.0.

Prefer the freedom to use any K-cup!

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is five years old. I hate to think that I will have to replace it with a new 2.0 something and be limited to what I buy as far as K-cups. I think they have made a mistake since there is not way with the new model to use your own coffee and there is no way to take advantage of sales on ""rogue"" cups.

I remember the selling point was YOU DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE A WHOLE POT OF COFFEE and now that is what the carafe is for.

From a financial point of view they are probably thinking along the lines of MONOPOLY but my best guess it will backfire. Anyone see the VUE lately anywhere?

Frequent Contributor

I want to order this as a backup but 15 $ for s & h!!! No go for me due to that...
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Desi said:

Wow Honny, 6 yrs may be the longest lived Keurig ever! I think it's a good model if you don't need the larger tank size, and TG it takes any cup! I hate the black-mailing aspect of the 2.0.

Prefer the freedom to use any K-cup!

I think that is typical of the older models. They are built sturdy.

I will go to instant coffee before I before I buy a 2.0.

Honored Contributor

LOL. I just made a post that QVC apparently didn't like. Wonder why .... (Heh) There are two different companies who now have made ""My K-Cup"" substitutes that can be used in the 2. Google Rogers/ San Francisco Bay Coffee company and go to their site. Not positive who makes the other one. Maybe Eko Brew. If you go to the Single Serve Coffee website & forums you can probably find it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 bonnielu said:

Mine is five years old. I hate to think that I will have to replace it with a new 2.0 something and be limited to what I buy as far as K-cups. I think they have made a mistake since there is not way with the new model to use your own coffee and there is no way to take advantage of sales on ""rogue"" cups.

I remember the selling point was YOU DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE A WHOLE POT OF COFFEE and now that is what the carafe is for.

From a financial point of view they are probably thinking along the lines of MONOPOLY but my best guess it will backfire. Anyone see the VUE lately anywhere?

I think the carafe is geared toward the folks who have the huge travel mugs. My BFF has a 24 ounce travel mug and she was looking forward to the 2.0. She didn't get it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 KimmC said: I want to order this as a backup but 15 $ for s & h!!! No go for me due to that...

Stores other than QVC sell Keurigs. Amazon offers free shipping!

Trusted Contributor

I have three Keurigs -- the oldest is almost eight yte.ears old and still brewing coffee five days per week in a small office of five employees. I also have a Vue and a 2.0.

I like the 2.0, and despite the earlier post, you do not have to brew a whole pot. This just adds to the machine's flexibility and convenience.

In regards to off-brand KCups, the vast majority of cups on the market are compatible, ad most of the people complaining will never be impacted. Keurig continues to make and sell non-2.0 brewers, so the whole "blackmail" comment is silly and inaccura