Respected Contributor

New to coffee and have some questions.

I am 45 and a late bloomer to coffee. I purchased a Kureig k-cup at best buy and love it.

My question is does anyone know of a good coffee creamer that will add a little sweetness to a coffee? I tried Starbucks Christmas Blonde K-cups and love it outside of the fact it can use a tad bit of sweetness.

Also I tried Archer Farms Dark Chocolate Truffle Coffee and it is really good.

Honored Contributor

Re: New to coffee and have some questions.

My husband likes the vanilla caramel we can get right at the grocery store. Try that. Let me clarify, it's added to the coffee not a flavor.

Depglass helped me, it's Coffeemate.

Honored Contributor

I'm not much for flavored coffee, but I did use a Coffeemate French Vanilla at my bank the other day. It was quite good and I intend on buying it for the house. They also offer popcorn on certain days. And there is a credit union in town that can rival any coffee shop in variety of flavors. With all the automatic banking, I guess they are desperate to get people in the door.

Respected Contributor

It depends on what you mean by ""sweetness"" and exactly what you're looking for. Coffeemate makes some very yummy flavors. I love the Baileys Irish Cream though.

Valued Contributor

There are several sweetened creamers out there, several different flavors in powder and liquid in the dairy case, but I could not tell you what they taste like, I do not like sweet coffees, I like flavored coffee, but not sweet, there is a big difference. I like my coffee with just a little milk in it, nothing sweet.

Honored Contributor

If you just want sweetness without an added flavor, look for the Sweet Cream flavors. Coffee Mate and International Delight both make a Sweet Cream flavor, as do some grocery store chains.

You can also add cream and sugar instead of just cream. Adding milk and unprocessed sugar is better than adding a flavored creamer which has a lot of extra things, like oils and artificial flavors.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/17/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

It depends on what you mean by ""sweetness"" and exactly what you're looking for. Coffeemate makes some very yummy flavors. I love the Baileys Irish Cream though.

I love this stuff!

I find that cream (half and half or even 2% milk) takes the bit out of coffee and lets the natural sweetness come through.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

kcladyz...I am a late bloomer to coffee also. When we first purchased our Keurig about 2 years ago I tried all the ""flavored"" coffee pods and decided that I didn't like them.

I discovered the International Delight fat-free AND sugar-free caramel marshmallow and caramel creme creamer and they are delicious!!! I buy them in Publix and in Walmart and stock up when Publix has them 3 for $5.00 because they are out of stock a lot!!!

Super Contributor

kcladyz, if you want to keep the taste of the coffee (not the taste of the artificial "creamer".. but I do understand that some people prefer the taste of the cream than that of the actual coffee), stick to Half and Half with some raw turbinado sugar, or Vanilla almond/coconut/soy milk. So Delicious actually makes a coconut milk creamer, if you can find it at your conventional grocers (I get mine from a health food store).

Esteemed Contributor

You can buy stevia in small bottles all different flavors, and natural. My daughter was using way too much flavored cream in her coffee until I introduced her to that. She loves it and doesn't have to buy creamers anymore. Just a few drops in your coffee and it tastes wonderful. Try it you'll like it!! Usually find them in the Natural dept. of the grocery store.