Occasional Contributor

The TSV will work with the k-cups as long as it has a white band around it?

Am I right to assume that if the K-cup has a white band around it it will will work with the new TSV Keurig 2.0?

Respected Contributor

Re: The TSV will work with the k-cups as long as it has a white band around it?

Some are light lavender, but yes if they say keurig brewed on the band they will work. Vue cups will work if they have a dot on them like the carafe cups.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Go to costco's website and read the reviews.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I just checked my K-cups. All of the newer ones have a white border/band on them. The older ones do not have this.

You can always save the lids from the newer K-cups and put them on top of the older ones or generic cups to get the 2.0 to use them.

Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Carmie said:

Hmmm, I just checked my K-cups. All of the newer ones have a white border/band on them. The older ones do not have this.

You can always save the lids from the newer K-cups and put them on top of the older ones or generic cups to get the 2.0 to use them.

The labels are pretty easy to peel off too. I don't have older cups but I thought I'd try and see how easy it would be to hack.

~~
Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 kjae said:

It's full of a bunch of bad reviews from people who didn't know what they were buying. I'm all for research, but to leave a bad review because you're not smart enough to know what you're buying is in poor taste.

~~
Esteemed Contributor

Carolyn and Albany stressed over and over that as long as it is a real Keurig K-cup, any older ones will work in the new brewer. Carolyn particularly mentioned that there is a lot of misinformation on the internet about this. I guess you believe them or you don't.

Contributor

I agree most people just don't take the time to read anything anymore. They buy because they think its a great deal & then complain when they can't get it to work. Personally i brought the model that came out 3 years ago, its simple, still working and not upgrading until it dies LOL.

Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Johnnyeager said:

Carolyn and Albany stressed over and over that as long as it is a real Keurig K-cup, any older ones will work in the new brewer. Carolyn particularly mentioned that there is a lot of misinformation on the internet about this. I guess you believe them or you don't.

I didn't watch the presentation as I already have one, but the older cups that don't have that ring/band do not work. Most kcups bought in stores are the newer ones if they are affiliated with keurig.

~~
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/16/2014 debc said:
On 11/16/2014 kjae said:

It's full of a bunch of bad reviews from people who didn't know what they were buying. I'm all for research, but to leave a bad review because you're not smart enough to know what you're buying is in poor taste.

This!

debc, after you try the hack, can you report back on how easy it is to do?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.