Valued Contributor

Starbucks in the bag brew at home coffee

My Safeway had this on sale for $5.99 a bag if you buy 3. I bought Breakfast Blend, House Blend and Pikes Peak roast. I like both the House and breakfast blend. I liked one more than the other but can't remember which. I've never tried Pikes Peak. Do you have a favorite out of any Starbucks coffees? I just finished a bag of some kind of spring blend I got on sale. It was nice.
Respected Contributor

Re: Starbucks in the bag brew at home coffee

I hate HATE Pike Roast. It's kind of strong (though I like strong coffee) and seems bitter, smokey and acidic. I love the Sumatra. Safeway possibly has it.

Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Campion said:

I hate HATE Pike Roast. It's kind of strong (though I like strong coffee) and seems bitter, smokey and acidic. I love the Sumatra. Safeway possibly has it.

Haha. I wasn't going to say anything but I am having a cup now and I am not loving it. You're right it's bitter and says smooth on the bag. I was wondering if Safeway would let me exchange it? I'll look for Sumatra. I might have over looked it as I was looking for a medium roast.
Valued Contributor

Caffe' Verona is my favorite. Its very dark roast with hints of chocolate. I hate Pikes roast, its weak. My other favorite is the French Roast.

Valued Contributor

French Roast, Italian Roast and my absolute fave, Kamoda Dragon. All very, very dark and strong!

Honored Contributor

I like the Blonde roasts the best - Veranda and Willow.

Trusted Contributor

And Pike's Peak is one of my favorites Smiley Wink I like strong, bold coffee and consider this mild!

I think my all time favorites are Komodo Dragon and French Roast. But I like most of their coffees.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Zita, just saw your post. We like the same ones!!

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'll try the Pikes Peak again tomorrow. I have tried the Komodo Dragon and often gift that to my father in law. I haven't tried the Blonde's yet. Is the coffee brown?! Lol. The Verona sounds really good with hints of chocolate. I might just have to get another 3 at that price!
Contributor

House Blend is my favorite.