Valued Contributor

have you tried upgraded bulletproof coffee?

With butter made from grass fed cows and MCT oil, blended in? It is really expensive to buy the coffee, but I think I will try the butter and MCT oil blended in to my own coffee. It is supposed to help with weight loss and gives you energy. Another poster recommended this and it sounds really interesting.
Trusted Contributor

Re: have you tried upgraded bulletproof coffee?

It is nothing more than another way to separate gullible, scientifically-ignorant people from their hard-earned money.

Honored Contributor

I wonder what you mean by bulletproof...

Valued Contributor

On 10/28/2014 ValuSkr said:

I wonder what you mean by bulletproof...

that's just the name of it.
Valued Contributor

On 10/28/2014 KYToby said:

It is nothing more than another way to separate gullible, scientifically-ignorant people from their hard-earned money.

I didn't buy the coffee but the MCT oil looks promising. I didn't buy their brand I got the "NOW" kind from amazon . its from coconut oil.
Honored Contributor

It's called 'bulletproof' 'cuz your heart & arteries are going to seize up & be hard-as-a-rock!!

Respected Contributor

I haven't yet, but this gullible scientifically ignorant person did some research on it. The purchasing beans from a single estate and washing the beans and processing them right away does make sense for getting less mold in the coffee.

Grass-fed butter is a no brainer and the derivative of the coconut oil, the short-chain medium-chain triglycerides, I know other health places carry. I don't like oil in my coffee, so I'm not sure how I would like this, but I do think it has benefits.

Is this guy part snake oil - yes, I'd say so! But that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good product. Just out to make as much as he can from it I'm sure. As with everything, so some research.

No need to insinuate we're gullibe and ignorant......geesh

Respected Contributor

dup

Valued Contributor

On 10/28/2014 sidsmom said:

It's called 'bulletproof' 'cuz your heart & arteries are going to seize up & be hard-as-a-rock!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
lol...I'm not going to try the coffee because its too expensive! I get Starbuck coffee at Costco, but I'm going to try the butter and MTC oil blended in my vitamix. The MTC oil sounds good! I'll try in my smoothie too.
Valued Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Lannie said:

I haven't yet, but this gullible scientifically ignorant person did some research on it. The purchasing beans from a single estate and washing the beans and processing them right away does make sense for getting less mold in the coffee.

Grass-fed butter is a no brainer and the derivative of the coconut oil, the short-chain medium-chain triglycerides, I know other health places carry. I don't like oil in my coffee, so I'm not sure how I would like this, but I do think it has benefits.

Is this guy part snake oil - yes, I'd say so! But that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good product. Just out to make as much as he can from it I'm sure. As with everything, so some research.

No need to insinuate we're gullibe and ignorant......geesh

yeah!