Trusted Contributor

Does the My K-Cup filter fit in the K10 model Item #K41437?

Does the My K-Cup filter fit in the K10 model Item #K41437? As this Hot Pick machine does not come w/a My K-Cup filter, I checked eBay & found several for around $3, but they list a bunch of model # that will or will not work with it - & K10 is not listed.

If I do finally break down & buy one (as my Melitta & now Senseo coffee pods have disappeared from stores, must order online now), I want to be able to use my own ground coffee much of the time as those KCups are so expensive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does the My K-Cup filter fit in the K10 model Item #K41437?

You can. My sister started with this machine and now has the larger model. The Keurig 2.0 is the one that has changed things, but people have hacked it so that they can use it with their own my K-Cup using the label from the official cups so the sensor is in there.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong with mine.

I have the My K Cup and the small K10 unit at the office.
I was playing with trying to set the My K Cup unit in there without pressing and the bottom needle seems to be in the way.

Granted, I got pulled away and didn't have time to look the MKC over too well and see if there is a side that has a divot that allows for the needle.
But at first glance, it seemed too big.

I have a the ekobrew kcup and that one has the divots and it seats just fine.

Frequent Contributor

Have you popped the black plastic section out? That part has to be removed and then the grey My K-cup unit slips into the opening. If you want to use pods again you will have to snap the black unit back in place.
Super Contributor

No, I hadn't. I was wondering if something popped out of that area of the k10 to allow it.
I don't have the manual for the k10 unit.. do you just pull it and the ring unit with the bottom needle pops out?

Edited.. Q has the manual on the item listing.. it shows how to pop it out.. figured I'd post the link in case the original poster wondered how to do this too:

http://www.qvc.com/footers/cd/pdf/K39963_K39983-manual.pdf