Occasional Contributor

Great Restaurants in Orlando Fl

We are going for our 29th annivesary{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and would like to a nice place. Any recommendations

Honored Contributor

Re: Great Restaurants in Orlando Fl

This might be a little "hokey", since it's at Disneyworld, but I like the "Flying Fish" at the Boardwalk Inn.

The food is fantastic and after dinner, you can walk along the Boardwalk. If you time it right, you can even see the fireworks from Epcot next door! People watch the fireworks from a bridge that connects the resort to Epcot.

You can park at the resort's lot if you have dinner reservations...MUCH more convenient than a main Disney lot.

Just make reservations for as LATE as possible - so you will miss the kiddies. They have wine flights to go with the food too. It's much more "mature" than other Disney places - even the resort attracts an older/business crowd.

I have had both their signature steak and the potato crusted fish...both are outstanding.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish-cafe/menus/

Frequent Contributor

Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). Really special. You don't have to pay an admission to the park to go in and dine there. Better make a reservation though

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 raleighroo said:

Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). Really special. You don't have to pay an admission to the park to go in and dine there. Better make a reservation though{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

They used to have a great 3 course meal. That is another place where if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks around the corner.

We got a 3 course meal and front row seats to the light show were included.

The Cobb salad was the best I have ever had - and they are famous for their grapefruit cake. You DEFINITELY need reservations for either place. Let them know it's your anniversary.

My aunt and I went for my 50th and her 70th birthday. I had let them know when we made reservations to stay at the Boardwalk Inn. They upgraded us to a Garden Suite (honeymoon cottage) which lists at more than $700 a night! It was 2 floors, we had a private garden, two bathrooms and they threw in champagne.

If you go to dinner at a resort hotel, stay overnight for a real experience.

Menu -

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=85

Trusted Contributor

I really liked the Brown Derby too, very cool atmosphere. Some people rave about Victoria and Albert's but I've never been and it's very expensive. Happy Anniversary!

Respected Contributor

Well, we seem to be on a Disney theme here! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have eaten at Victoria and Alberts for an anniversary dinner - yes, expensive but a very special once-in-a-lifetime treat! If you like beef, we're also fans of Shula's in the WDW Dolphin hotel. Again, if you like meat, I've enjoyed Brazilian steakhouses - it's fun to have them come around with the skewers of meat and I believe there are several in the area.

You might also want to try Tripadvisor to get more ideas/reviews of Orlando area restaurants.

Denise
Frequent Contributor

On 9/24/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/24/2014 raleighroo said:

Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM). Really special. You don't have to pay an admission to the park to go in and dine there. Better make a reservation though{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

They used to have a great 3 course meal. That is another place where if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks around the corner.

We got a 3 course meal and front row seats to the light show were included.

The Cobb salad was the best I have ever had - and they are famous for their grapefruit cake. You DEFINITELY need reservations for either place. Let them know it's your anniversary.

My aunt and I went for my 50th and her 70th birthday. I had let them know when we made reservations to stay at the Boardwalk Inn. They upgraded us to a Garden Suite (honeymoon cottage) which lists at more than $700 a night! It was 2 floors, we had a private garden, two bathrooms and they threw in champagne.

If you go to dinner at a resort hotel, stay overnight for a real experience.

Menu -

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=85

Unbelievably good! Did you know the Cobb Salad was actually invented/created at the original Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood (1930's)? Yum...now I want to go again.

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Honored Contributor

I have a few great choices, not in Disney or Universal

Delmonico's

Landry's

Fishbones

Trusted Contributor

Citrico's...Grand Floridian. Artist Point at Wilderness if you love salmon.