Contributor

The cost of your K-Cup is going up (K-Cup coffee prices rising 9%)

(CNN) - More bad news for coffee drinkers.

Keurig Green Mountain said Thursday it plans to hike prices by 9 percent for the K-Cup packets used in its signature brewing system.

The company also plans to raise prices of bulk coffee and other products beginning in November.

Keurig said the decision is in "direct response" to the higher cost of coffee, which includes a nearly 55 percent rise in "green coffee prices."

The company said it buys much of its coffee from organic and free trade producers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The cost of your K-Cup is going up (K-Cup coffee prices rising 9%)

WOW. Thanks for this information.

Folgers or Maxwell House started this trend a few years ago. Whoever makes the Black Silk and Caramel Drizzle K-Cups. A few other companies followed suit or gave fewer K-Cups for the same price. I stopped buying those brands.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I heard that on the news this morning..but it was only that one brand.

I buy mine either in Sam's Club...80 for $29...or Ollies who has 80 for $25.99 and I wait til they send me their 15% email coupon....It works out to be like 26.5 (a bit more lol) cents per cup!!

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! I thought I racked up at Costco!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I have been finding some good buys on Kcups at Sam's club too! So when I can I stock up! Love my Keruig so will try to just find the best deals I can on coffee! Everything is going up unfortunately except our pay checks! LOL

Super Contributor

Probably to pay for the technology of the 2.0 that will allow Keurig to market its new K-cup and run the others out of business...

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy! time to look at those discontinued KCups at Kohls or go back to packing my own DD Dark.

Super Contributor

People will do what they do when gas or food goes up in price- they will cut back in other areas.

Super Contributor

I love the kcups that I use and will fit them in my budget. We are not talking about that much money anyway.
Trusted Contributor

Coffee has gone up over the past few years -- most tings have. I am surprised GMC did not raise their prices earlier.