Super Contributor

If you are home during the day or just have access to a Keurig as much as you want, and if you drink coffee frequently throughout the day, do you leave it on between cups or do you turn it off, then back on, each time you make a cup of coffee?

People have told me both, and I don't have my instruction booklet to let me know which is best to do.

I drink coffee about 17 hours a day, so I'd like to know what all of you do?

Thanks for your response. Smile

Valued Contributor

Re: Your Keurig....On or Off ?

I turn it off after each cup is made.

Respected Contributor

On 8/14/2014 shoppergrl said:

I turn it off after each cup is made.

I do the same thing.

Frequent Contributor

Is it bad to just leave it on? I bought one yesterday, the TSV. My girlfriend's goes into some sort of sleep mode between cups after a certain interval - the LED display goes dark. That's not the same as turning it off from the back switch though. Sorry if these are dumb questions - it's my first Keurig.

Valued Contributor

Maybe it shouldn't be, but mine is on 24/7. I never turn it off from the back.

Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig at work stays on all day.

The one at home has an on/off timer.

Meg, those aren't dumb questions. I don't know if it's good or bad to leave it on. The one I keep at work (K-40) is well used, almost 6 years old, and still going strong.

The one at home with the timer is new.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I keep it on unless I am going away for a few days. I have no clue what to do. It is just easier to keep it on. You never know when hubby might want a cup and most likely he would think it was not working if it were not on. I don't drink coffee or tea. It looked like a great gadget so I talked him into it. He used to grind and brew his own coffee. It was quite a convincing job to get him to ""WANT IT."" Now he is sold. I love to watch it work.

Valued Contributor

I leave mine on. I'll have a cup of coffee in the morning but then I use it throughout the day for tea or other drinks. It usually gets turned off about 5PM.

Regular Contributor

I leave it on 24/7. I believe that's what they recommend to do.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Trusted Contributor

I only use it once or twice a day so I turn it off.