Regular Contributor

Does anyone watch Long Island Medium?

Does anyone watch Theresa Caputo? What do you think? Real or not?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone watch Long Island Medium?

Love her, but the show is just too sad mostly.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoy watching her, but whether she's real or not, only those she reads can say. Some of them seem real, but then ??? DH thinks it's all a put up job, but even he can't explain the tears. I think I'd like her more if she'd cut those nails!!! And I'd like a little less of her home life.

Many years ago in Charlotte, I was introduced to a woman who immediately began to tell me about my life - a little from the past, but most about the future. I couldn't believe the things she was telling me, but down to the last detail they came true. I still think back to that time and am totally amazed.

Respected Contributor

I think she's real, but parts of the show are staged. Like when she walks up to someone in a store. There are cameramen, cameras, etc around and the people all look so shocked. Why haven't we heard her solving any murder mysteries?? There is a famous case here in IL (Lacy Peterson) who has been missing for years. Why can't Theresa talk to Lacy?? I'd like Theresa to ask my granny - "where are you? Who is with you? Are you in heaven? Have you seen God?" So, maybe she's not so real??
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Perkup said:

Many years ago in Charlotte, I was introduced to a woman who immediately began to tell me about my life - a little from the past, but most about the future. I couldn't believe the things she was telling me, but down to the last detail they came true. I still think back to that time and am totally amazed.

Maybe they came true because she told you ... she gave you a map. You followed her directions. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I imagine there are real psychics, but most of them fail when put to a real test. The tv psychics only seem to work when they choose the subjects. Then, most subjects start to volunteer information.

Honored Contributor

I watch, and enjoy the show, and I do believe Theresa has a true gift. I think it is wonderful to see her bring true peace and comfort to people who have carried such emotional anguish after the loss of their loved one. I could never question what she does when so many people bear witness to receiving a level of comfort from her words that they haven't been able to find anywhere else.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/3/2014 scatcat said: I think she's real, but parts of the show are staged. Like when she walks up to someone in a store. There are cameramen, cameras, etc around and the people all look so shocked. Why haven't we heard her solving any murder mysteries?? There is a famous case here in IL (Lacy Peterson) who has been missing for years. Why can't Theresa talk to Lacy?? I'd like Theresa to ask my granny - "where are you? Who is with you? Are you in heaven? Have you seen God?" So, maybe she's not so real??

I totally agree about the cameramen, etc.

It's Stacy Peterson (Bolingbrook) & then there is Lisa Stebic (Plainfield). Stacy's family is trying to get her declared legally dead.

All the time, I wonder where they are. I keep looking in fields as we drive by, or if they will unearth something every time a new building goes up.

It's been many years and nothing. They disappeared with in a year or so of each other. Stacy's husband was a policeman. Lisa's husband was a private investigator (if I remember correctly).

Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 scatcat said: There is a famous case here in IL (Lacy Peterson)

Lacey Peterson was in California. She was pregnant, and her husband Scott Peterson was convicted. Big news story for ages. Scott was having an affair with a skinny blonde, whose name escapes me.

Respected Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Mary Bailey said:
On 8/3/2014 scatcat said: I think she's real, but parts of the show are staged. Like when she walks up to someone in a store. There are cameramen, cameras, etc around and the people all look so shocked. Why haven't we heard her solving any murder mysteries?? There is a famous case here in IL (Lacy Peterson) who has been missing for years. Why can't Theresa talk to Lacy?? I'd like Theresa to ask my granny - "where are you? Who is with you? Are you in heaven? Have you seen God?" So, maybe she's not so real??

I totally agree about the cameramen, etc.

It's Stacy Peterson (Bolingbrook) & then there is Lisa Stebic (Plainfield). Stacy's family is trying to get her declared legally dead.

All the time, I wonder where they are. I keep looking in fields as we drive by, or if they will unearth something every time a new building goes up.

It's been many years and nothing. They disappeared with in a year or so of each other. Stacy's husband was a policeman. Lisa's husband was a private investigator (if I remember correctly).

Oops. My bad. When I was typing Lacy, it seemed wrong. Yes both those women missing within 6 months of each other. At least Drew Peterson is in jail (but like the Natalie Halloway case, it took another human to die before the cops could nap the murderer). So my point is, ask Theresa where these 2 mothers are.
Esteemed Contributor

Teresa is not a psychic, she is a medium. She supposedly speaks to the dead, doesn't tell the future. IF she is speaking or seeing people that have passed, I am sorry to say, that I don't believe those people are in heaven. The Bible says believers that are absent from the body (died) are present with the Lord. It says nothing about them wondering around being seen by mediums. If she really is seeing these people that have passed on, sorry to say, they aren't in heaven. This is my opinion.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!