Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else has a Keurig Vue?

We are on our second one and it started having the same issues the first one did. It doesn't work at all now. Both lasted less than 3 months before the problems started. I love this Keurig otherwise. It can make up to 18 ounces of coffee and if you buy an adapter you can use the regular K-Cups in it.

Notwithstanding, Keurig customer service was outstanding with regards to response time! Believe it or not... they had a brand new one out to us by the next day! All we had to do was send the old coffee head back. No big deal.

I just hope they are willing to replace another because I would be lost without my Keurig. Coffee NEVER tasted this good from any automatic drip coffee pot! (My favorite is Starbucks Breakfast Blend) What a delicious way to wake up!

If you have a K-Vue and have had issues with it pumping water..would you please let me know if there was anything you did to resolve the issue?

PA Lady
Trusted Contributor

We have had our VUE since the week it premiered and have had no issues with it. I am sorry you are having such a time.

I have a feeling the VUE will ultimately be phased out after the release of the Keurig 2.0, though.

Trusted Contributor
I've had the Vue for just over a year & haven't had a single problem. I did go through several of the Platinum Keurigs though, they quit pumping water. I got my son a Vue for Christmas, he had a ton of k-cups leftover so I also got him the adapter. There are a couple versions of the adapter & I don't know which one you have. It's possible the adapter might be your problem. I read online that one of the adapters was ruining the machine because the grinds would somehow get into the waterline. Check out the reviews for the adapters- several people are commenting about it clogging their machine. Good luck!
Not applicable

I have had my Vue for about 1 year as well. I haven't had any problems as I have had trouble finding Vue cups to use in the Vue. Where do I get the adapter? QVC? or Keurig? I researched the different models and thought I was making a good choice, now I am not so sure.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/31/2014 33Doves said:

I have had my Vue for about 1 year as well. I haven't had any problems as I have had trouble finding Vue cups to use in the Vue. Where do I get the adapter? QVC? or Keurig? I researched the different models and thought I was making a good choice, now I am not so sure.

I know Kohl's sells the adapters- you can order online or pick up in store. (There's a couple different versions- one uses the regular k-cups or just coffee. Mine is burgundy/gold & you just put coffee in). I believe I saw them in Bed, Bath & Beyond as well. Amazon has them too. I get my Vue coffee right from Keurig. They're usually 20% off & free shipping over $45. Shipping is FAST- usually sent out same day. I just got 6 boxes- 96 vue cups for just over $50.
Respected Contributor

I do have a Vue--the original one (I think there was a subsequent updated version.) I have had NO problems....but I religiously use filtered water in all my coffee pots to avoid scale buildup and that works for me.

I understand the VUE is to be discontinued in favor of a new machine that will do carafes or single serve (The rumor is the K cups will be chipped to get around non-Keurig branded K cups, now that the patent is ended.)

I like the VUE, makes better coffee than my office K machine, but the Vue cups were limited in selection and availability other than online. And I don't like filling my own single serve--defeats the purpose of quick coffee. (We like to serve office guests a cup if they want one--and at home,I'm always on the go.)

I'd like to know MORE about the converter. Does it let you use K cups or just fill your own?

Anyone know?

Respected Contributor

I have had my Vue for about a year now. I purchased the adapter about a month after I purchased my Vue and after using the adapter for 3 days, my Vue started having problems. I cleaned everything I could and it worked again. Used the adapter again and after running it twice with the adapter it started acting up again. I threw the adapter OUT, keeping just the rest of the solofill. Haven't had a problem since! I think the regular k-cups with the adapter cause the problems.

Cheaper to use my own coffee with the solofill than even the k-cups, so don't really miss the adapter.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Campion said:

I do have a Vue--the original one (I think there was a subsequent updated version.) I have had NO problems....but I religiously use filtered water in all my coffee pots to avoid scale buildup and that works for me.

I understand the VUE is to be discontinued in favor of a new machine that will do carafes or single serve (The rumor is the K cups will be chipped to get around non-Keurig branded K cups, now that the patent is ended.)

I like the VUE, makes better coffee than my office K machine, but the Vue cups were limited in selection and availability other than online. And I don't like filling my own single serve--defeats the purpose of quick coffee. (We like to serve office guests a cup if they want one--and at home,I'm always on the go.)

I'd like to know MORE about the converter. Does it let you use K cups or just fill your own?

Anyone know?

Solofill V2 gold cup- $19.99 at Walmart. It lets you use k-cups with the vue- or your own coffee. I don't recommend it as I think it will damage the machine.
Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Tribefan said:
On 7/31/2014 Campion said:

Anyone know?

Solofill V2 gold cup- $19.99 at Walmart. It lets you use k-cups with the vue- or your own coffee. I don't recommend it as I think it will damage the machine.

Yup, I agree. As I posted above, ONLY time I've had a problem with my Vue. OP was using it too.

Contributor

I am just amazed at the excellent service provided by Keurig!!

I called and again...the following day a brand new Keurig is delivered to my my door! No arguments and no long phone calls. They really stand behind their products!
My husband thinks he may know why this is happening after tearing apart the second unit so maybe we won't have to worry with it anymore and I do think it has a lot to do with scale build-up as Campion mentioned. He saw that for himself.

I'd like to add my experience with the adapter....I LOVE it! We got ours on e-bay along with the solo cup refill but, honestly, we are so addicted to Starbucks that we don't use the solo refill cup anyway. I have to look back to see what we paid for it but I love that along with the adapter I can still make up to 18 ounces if I want. I normally make 12 ounces for a nice full large mug of coffee. I buy the Breakfast Blend and usually get a better deal on e-bay buying slightly expired but still sealed coffee which only costs about 40 cents a cup. I bid on a box of 75 at a time and have PLENTY on hand....lol..... It tastes GREAT and I can't get a better deal anywhere else.

I have purchased the Vue cups on e-bay and from Keurig. They are cheaper on Keurig than anywhere except e-bay but e-bay doesn't always have what I like. I buy the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend in Vue cups when I get them and they fill my hubby's large travel mug to the top!

Thanks for all the great replies, folks! The QVC community is the BEST whenever I need help!!

PA Lady