Contributor
It must be successful for qvc. I get so bored with it never watch.
Super Contributor

Re: Selling way to much food

They seem to have it almost every afternoon right before dinner time. I don't watch because it makes me hungry. Those Kind bars are the bomb.
Honored Contributor

You don't like watching the hosts eat food and marvel at how good it tastes? I'm surprised.

Respected Contributor

They always air food around dinner time when everyone is getting hungry. The prices are outrageous and I can only image how much fat and sodium is in each product. Their yummy faces don't tempt me at all, I usually switch to watch the news.

Trusted Contributor

Of course they have aired it a lot recently due to the upcoming holiday. The frequency will now diminish until the next one draws near.

Obviously, they do sell a lot of food. And while the prices may seem outrageous to some, very few people cook elaborate dishes from scratch any more and choose to buy premade. If the purchasers enjoy it and can afford it, who are any of us to criticize>

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 ilovedaisies said: They seem to have it almost every afternoon right before dinner time. I don't watch because it makes me hungry. Those Kind bars are the bomb.

I noticed the timing, too; I think that's the idea, the way grocery stores promote impulse buying at the checkout counter.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Seems to me if QVC didn't show much of what we each don't like, they'd have to go out of business.

For example, OP doesn't want to see food so often. I don't want to see silver jewelry or career-oriented clothing.

And I just happened to think, I don't often watch when they show mattresses or pots and pans or Breezies bras or....

One of these days, some genius will figure out how to let us watch only what we want when we want it. In the meantime..... I have a remote and don't even have to move to change channels the way I did when my family got its first TV. So easy!

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 KYToby said:

Of course they have aired it a lot recently due to the upcoming holiday. The frequency will now diminish until the next one draws near.

Obviously, they do sell a lot of food. And while the prices may seem outrageous to some, very few people cook elaborate dishes from scratch any more and choose to buy premade. If the purchasers enjoy it and can afford it, who are any of us to criticize>

I have to agree with you!

I'm just old enough, and raised in the lower middle class, so it amazes me just what conveniences people will pay for.

It seems normal today for people to pay someone to clean their house, wash and detail their car, decorate, paint and improve their house, mow their lawn and landscape for them, babysit their children, launder their clothing, and the list goes on. There was a time when, where I come from, all of this was done yourself. Things are different today, many people have more expendable income, and value their time. So it doesn't seem odd to me that people would pay for prepared food. Most of it that I have tried from Q is good, most has been gifted to us, and greatly appreciated. I wouldn't make it my shopping norm, but food is expensive anywhere, and I don't see this as any different that people who eat out all the time,or have an event catered.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Deweylu said: It must be successful for qvc. I get so bored with it never watch.

I agree. As soon as I see all those high calorie desserts, OFF it goes. I'm not interested in GAINING weight (or getting hungry while watching food on TV). {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 4/29/2014 rina33 said:
On 4/18/2014 Deweylu said: It must be successful for qvc. I get so bored with it never watch.

I agree. As soon as I see all those high calorie desserts, OFF it goes. I'm not interested in GAINING weight (or getting hungry while watching food on TV). {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

BTW, isn't there a "Food" channel for those so inclined?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."