Super Contributor

Once Again For Taste My Favorite

Once again after many many months of brewing in a french press as well as the VUE, I have returned to my absolutely favorite cup of coffee and that is by combining a fine grind, 175-180F degree water, and the Aeropress system.

The resultant flavor and subtleties of the coffee bean in addition to the fabulous unbitter rich smooth mouth feel can not be beat and as a result I agree with others saying that the best cup of coffee they have ever had has come from this $30 system available now in BB&B.

Super Contributor

Re: Once Again For Taste My Favorite

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

4uthebest ~ I have a Keurig and a French Press and an Espresso machine. Can you please tell me the difference between the Aeropress and a French Press?

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Hi magicmoodz, My pleasure..

The flavor is far more detailed than the French press and the mouth "feel" is amazing..I might say "velvety smooth" with no bitterness. I like strong coffee and as I said this produces the best cup of coffee I ever had cup after cup.

If there is a downside.. it would be that it uses more coffee beans than the French Press, but since I am not buying purses or shoes I will buy the extra beans.

I have the remainder of a 2 lb bag of Starbucks house blend and the other day using the French press the coffee tasted stale (which indeed it was not fresh) but today using the exact same beans, the subtleties of the coffee were present and it was so smooth. I can't wait till I open the fresh bag of the Starbucks..

One reason for the smooth/non bitter character is that the coffee is brewed at 175-185F as opposed to the French Press at 200-205F.

Another factor in the flavor extraction is that with the French Press you use a medium-coarse grind and with the Aeropress a fine grind (not espresso or it would be too hard to express) and a simple blade grinder would work nicely IMHO.

There are literally hundreds of videos available for this brewing method and although many prefer the inverted process.. I am pleased following manufacturers instructions.

Finally I will rinse and reuse one paper filter many times with consistent results.

Hope this helps..{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

I have an Aeropress that I forgot about. I'll have to pull it out & try it again while we still have some of our favorite Starbucks beans, Casi Cielo. Thanks for reminding me. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Shelbybiskit said: I have an Aeropress that I forgot about. I'll have to pull it out & try it again while we still have some of our favorite Starbucks beans, Casi Cielo. Thanks for reminding me. Smiley Happy

Shelbybiskit, that is what I did too as I was cleaning and found some pieces of the Aeropress and decided to find the rest of the pieces and try again after using the French Press for so many months. Since I had purchased an electric kettle for the french press, I decided to heat exactly to between 175 and 185 and try again and boy am I glad I did {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}