Contributor
I just got a K10 mini on Thursday, and I'm noticing that when I pour the water in it comes out of the left bottom corner where you put a mug. Is this normal or did I get a dud? I did have to remove the drip plate as none of my mugs fit if I didn't. Any ideas ladies?
Super Contributor

Hi MissysMomma - I had this happen a couple of times because I overfilled when putting the water in. I make a 10oz. cup every morning & you can't go over that. What size cup do you make? If its less than 10 oz, I would say you have a problem - call Kuerig in that case. They have excellent customer service.

Contributor

Thanks Txblond. I'm not sure how large the cup capacity is, but will check today. This morning I didn't have any leakage, but I also ended up with almost half a cup of coffee instead of full -- I guess maybe I will just see what happens. This is my first Kuerig and I didn't want to get one with the reservoir -- maybe I should have.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2014 MissysMomma said:

Thanks Txblond. I'm not sure how large the cup capacity is, but will check today. This morning I didn't have any leakage, but I also ended up with almost half a cup of coffee instead of full -- I guess maybe I will just see what happens. This is my first Kuerig and I didn't want to get one with the reservoir -- maybe I should have.

You need to measure your water and not overfill.

I just got my first Keurig and went with the K40/45. It does have the water tank, but you don't have to fill it all the way, if that helps. It was not that much more, I got it for $99 here at Qvc. I thought it was worth it to have the cup size options and it comes with more K cups than the mini.

If u can, I might return that one and consider the step up.

K40428

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Yeah they are real easy to overfill. I use one for travel. As soon as it hits that 3rd level it's full.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

You should have a little black guide, that is actually removable, on the left hand side. Make sure to not go over the 10 that is listed. I have the personal brewer at work and watch my guide when filling. Also, make sure to keep the area where you put your kcup closed so that you can accurately measure water. I have the platinum plus at home and it has the 72 oz resevoir. Love both of them!

Contributor

Thanks ladies -- I actually measured the water that I put in unit this morning, and it didn't leak. My mug wasn't completely full, so it must be over 10oz in size. No leaking this morning!