Contributor
Why would one purchase a K Cup of tea when you can purchase (and steep) a tea bag? I just put my much cheaper tea bag in my mug instead of loading a tea K Cup into the machine. Clean up is just the same except throwing away a paper tea bag has less environmental impact than the plastic tea K Cup.
Valued Contributor

I agree, even my 7 yr old granddaughter has figured out to put the hot cocoa mix in the cup and just add the hot water!

Super Contributor

I'll agree it's much less expensive to buy the tea bags, but I gotta tell ya ....those k-cups of tea made in the Keurig are the best cups of tea I've ever had!

Super Contributor

I agree. The tea bags are pre-measured so it's so easy with my keurig.

Honored Contributor

I agree. It is so easy to make tea with my Keurig by simply putting a teabag in my mug.

Honored Contributor

That's usually what I do. I normally just use the hot water button and add the bag or tea leaves afterward. I do have some tea k-cups that came with my machine or were samples and I did buy some k-cup teas when they were with on display near the milk and I was lazy. (Kudos to the person who put the giant k-cup display near the coffee creamers and milk! I bet they sell a lot more.)

I have dozens of boxes and canisters of tea, so I see no real need to go out and buy boxes of k-cups. The Keurig doesn't change the Tea Bag + Hot Water = Tea equation.

Valued Contributor
Teas vary in steeping time by type. It doesn't make sense to have water speed through a k-cup if the tea's natural steeping time is 5 minutes or more.
Honored Contributor

I have to believe k-cups are instant tea. Any steeped tea is better than that. Tea needs to steep to develop real flavor--and different teas steep at different times.

Honored Contributor

I think Keurig has a mystique, a cult following. That's the only reason I can come up with to explain why people put up with the steep price of both the machine and the cups. I'd like to see some blind taste tests with Keurig against my $19.00 Black & Decker or my neighbor's ancient percolator.

Super Contributor
On 3/4/2014 depglass said:

I think Keurig has a mystique, a cult following. That's the only reason I can come up with to explain why people put up with the steep price of both the machine and the cups. I'd like to see some blind taste tests with Keurig against my $19.00 Black & Decker or my neighbor's ancient percolator.

I like my Keurig. A fresh cup always beats coffee that's been sitting in the pot. And I only make what I'm going to drink, instead of throwing away coffee.