New Contributor

We have a Keurig where I work. It doesn't get used a lot and is a little over a year old. It now will not brew a cup of coffee. It does everything it's supposed to do, blue light comes on and you can hear it heating up, but it doesn't spit the water out. We have tried cleaning it, but it didn't make a difference. Any suggestions? Please and thank-you!

Respected Contributor

You need to call them. They will walk you through a bunch of stuff to try. If all else fails, they will most likely send you a new one. If they won't because it's over a year, call back and try with someone else. I'm not saying they will give you a new one for sure, but they probably will.

Honored Contributor

And when you call them, have ready a the model number and some additional information. They make many Keurigs, some with water lines and some with manual fill reservoirs. You didn't even tell us which kind you have, so don't expect very thorough responses.

New Contributor

Thanks guys. The model is B31. It does not have a water line. I don't know much about the machine as I work with special needs students at a public school and my primary student and I are in a new room. They told me nobody used it much, but it did start getting a more use after I started using it. I will try calling the company. Thanks!

Honored Contributor
On 2/11/2014 coffeeroaster said:

Thanks guys. The model is B31. It does not have a water line. I don't know much about the machine as I work with special needs students at a public school and my primary student and I are in a new room. They told me nobody used it much, but it did start getting a more use after I started using it. I will try calling the company. Thanks!

That helps!

Here's a link to the manual, including cleaning instructions and troubleshooting help. Check section 5, page 12 for the proper cleaning steps. You may need to use the paperclip to clean the exit needle.

Frequent Contributor

My mini Keurig just two months old quit working. I had a few issues before but always fixed them myself by starting the whole process all over including dumping my water out.

If you have issues with your Keurig as I know many QVC purchasers have, Call Keurig Customer Service!!!! It has been suggested here and I can't stress it enough.

They do walk you through a fix. They also told me you need to use bottled or filtered room temperature water or it sounds like you might have issues.

The water tip needs to be pointed on when QVC hosts are trying to sell Keurigs and it should also be pointed out VERY CLEARLY on the front of the owners manual.

I wonder how many units have been sent back to QVC because directions weren't made clear, people didn't call Keurig customer service for tips.

Of course some units are bad and need to be sent back. I do believe some of the tips for proper use and maintenance need to be stressed better by QVC and Keurig.