Honored Contributor

I bought a personal size Keurig from QVC in October. It stopped working this weekend. This is so frustrating. I had a larger one several years ago. When it quit working I just gave up on it. I decided to give it one more try. I love the k-cups, but it's ridiculous that they can't design a better quality machine.

I'm going to call Keurig today. Will they just automatically send me another one?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I think they will, my friend had a lot of problems with hers and I think she had to do this more than once.

Super Contributor

I haven't had to do it personally (knock on wood) but I read that they just have you send back one of the parts (to render the old one unusable) and they send you a new machine.

Trusted Contributor

I love Kuerig and have gone through two of them(on my third). keruig sent me a new one at a very reduce price last time and mine was over a year old. Since getting the third I use only distilled water and it has made a huge difference. before I used tap water and cleaned it regularly etc but they eventually died. For me using distilled water is worth it because I love the coffee the maker produces. I've been doing this a couple years and it run like the day I got it.

Honored Contributor

I just called them, and she talked me through cleaning the needle with a paper clip. After that it was working, but we got disconnected. I'm not sure what she would have told me next. I think I need to call back again though, because a lot of water seems to be coming out the bottom. :::sigh:::

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I have never had an issue with mine. My first one, a k Cup brewer is still going strong after 7 years, making 6 to 7 cups a day. My second, a VUE brewer, has been working with no problems for at least 18 months, making about 4 cups per day.

Honored Contributor

I had one that died after 13 months.

I called their hot line for help, trying to get it started. When it didn't happen, the CSR offered to replace it.

I told him I had bought it from the Q, it was 13 months old and I hadn't saved the box.

He had me tell him the serial number, then said no problem. They sent me a new one, no charges at all, not even shipping. It came in 3 days. I had to send them the removable part the Kcup goes in...they sent me a pre-paid envelope for that too.

They stand behind their products!

Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2014 NickNack said:

I just called them, and she talked me through cleaning the needle with a paper clip. After that it was working, but we got disconnected. I'm not sure what she would have told me next. I think I need to call back again though, because a lot of water seems to be coming out the bottom. :::sigh:::

See my post #6...

Honored Contributor

We just had a personal sized one we bought for the guest room die. It was 13 months old and probably hadn't made 20 cups of coffee. We took it and the receipt back to Bed Bath and Beyond and they gave us a new one.

Regular Contributor

Bikkie et al: You are correct that they make you send back one piece (The K-cup holder) to presumably make the old machine unusable. They aren't stupid enough to sell you that piece, but you can buy it on E-bay for about $20, and then you will have two perfectly good machines.